PDA

View Full Version : Sharp mill manual

rbregn
09-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Anyone know where I can download a breakdown for Sharp mills. My low range won't engage It is a varible speed head.

JDF
09-17-2005, 06:17 PM
The shop I work in at my University got in a new Sharp mill about two years ago. After a month or two we ran into the same problem with shifting from high to low. A Sharp technician told us that it was normal for these to be pretty hard to shift. A small wrench and it flipped right over. It can still be shifted without a wrench, but takes a bit of force. Over time it got a bit easier.

I'm just repeating what the repair man said. Could have been full of crap for all I know, but haven't had any problems yet.

The shop is closed over the weekend, but if you're still in need of a parts breakdown on Monday, I'll see if I can find something to scan in.

rbregn
09-17-2005, 11:18 PM
I can move the lever fine. I goes from High range to "nutral" even tho the lever moves all the way to low range

JDF
09-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Ah, I see. Well again, if no one sets you up with what you need by Monday I'll see what I can find.

dhammer
09-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Hello,

I would be interested in a manual also.. bought a used variable speed Sharp mill this spring and found out the power downfeed doesn't work. You might look at the Enco website, they have manuals for the machines they sell and one of them might be the same or close enough to tell you what you need to know.