PDA

View Full Version : how do i remove sheldon wm56p spindle?

nemomatic
10-06-2005, 08:18 PM
hi everyone. trying to get my spindle apart and cant seem to figure out what to do once my chuck is off. i have the D1-4 camlock style spindle, but my manual isnt helping me figure how the mounting plate is installed. im assuming its threaded, but id like some confirmation before i start putting too much pressure on it. anyone ever take one of these apart?
thanks.
nemo

------------------

JCHannum
10-06-2005, 08:33 PM
The D1-4 mount is integral with the spindle, and is not removed to remove the spindle.

If you have the manual, follow the instructions for replacement of belts. If you do not have the manual, let me know, I can mail you a copy.

nemomatic
10-06-2005, 09:28 PM
thanks. i actually just figured it out for myself. found the source of the problem......dont like it. the inside of the small face gear (T-1407-2) seems to be worn a couple thou. it no longer fits snug against the spindle and is causing alot of knocking. unfortunately it is petty much married to the v belt pulley so it is a constant problem. gonna call national acme tommorow and see how many limbs they want for the part. any ideas i.e. bushings, shim stock etc.?
nemo