PDA

View Full Version : possible scam warning on ebay

Alistair Hosie
10-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Hi there is a guy seems to be asking everyone selling on ebay if they will accept a cheque or bankers draft and asking them to write to him at a seperate email address I.E not through ebays usual method. Has anyone alse had this as he has asked many people? Alistair

Alistair Hosie
10-16-2005, 04:36 PM
He's at it again
: where abouts in west yorks are u and can u give me your post code for collection cost and have u a buy it now price andy
15-Oct-05
A: There is no buy it now price, the auction will run to the end. The Lathe is in the Huddersfield area; further details will be given to the auction winner....more

Q: Good Afternoon, I'm just wondering,do you accept bankers draft or cheque?Please reply to a69power@yahoo.co.uk ,because i have some problems with my...more
15-Oct-05
A: I will accept cheques if they are forwarded 5 days before collection to allow for clearance

aboard_epsilon
10-16-2005, 04:44 PM
They only mistake that guys making ...is
that he hasnt worked out ,how to email the seller ....and not have his question come up in the questions section.

and no ....I'm not going to blurt out how I get around this myself.
all the best........mark

Alistair Hosie
10-16-2005, 05:08 PM
In my opinion hes a conman no doubt he's emailing just about everyone.Alistair

aboard_epsilon
10-16-2005, 05:14 PM
he has 100 percent feedback

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=a69power&item=-1&frm=289

all the best..mark

CCWKen
10-16-2005, 05:35 PM
As a seller, you have the option to include the question/answer in the listing. The seller obviously wants everyone to see the transaction.

Looks like a scam in the making to me.

Leigh
10-16-2005, 06:07 PM
I always request a direct reply to my real email address when questioning a seller. I don't use the evilpay mail system because it's one more place to check for mail, and I don't need the hassle. And I wish I were a scam artist... I'd probably be rich http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

------------------
Leigh W3NLB