X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmiller
    • Mar 2001

wheelchair transport

I usually just lurk here but I saw this bike in Nelson BC and thought some of you might like to see it.

How do I post multiple pics in same post?
    Don Miller
  • hoffman
    • Oct 2004

That is clever! I did a double take on that one...
    Techno-Anarchist

Comment

• agrip
      • Aug 2005

Thanks for that picture
      Made my day or three or four.

They say you can tell the mood of a motor rider by counting the bugs in their teeth.

That person is independent as hell and probably participated in building that.
      Probably should be a member of this board,
      well worth listening to.

I wonder if the chair is electric, manual, or steam. That rider is definitely Nuclear.

Ag

Comment

• tattoomike68

holy cow, good for them, dont let a thing like not being able to walk stop you from riding.

very cool.

Comment

• speedy
          • Jul 2004

Innovative, independant minded!!

It is a bit hard on the pillion though
          Ken.

Comment

• ibewgypsie
            • Dec 2002

Dave,
            in 96 swapped his Harley w-sidecar for a 3 wheeler w/old aluminum v8.. He was happy. Never had to work on it again. The harley had been worked on by the wrong people and was a POS that could not make it across town. It was pretty tho. Pretty ain't fun, it's gotta run.

I built a sidecar similar to the one in the picture in the 80s.. I used a conduit bender and schedule 80 pipe left over from a boiler job. It was stuck on a jap bike the last I seen of it. It was "not" a quick connect, but welded in. Had a tiller bar, not handlebars. The one in the picture is much more creative.

David

Comment

• dmiller
              • Mar 2001

The current owner seen in first picture in manual wheelchair did not build it but said the builder was in a wheelchair
              Don Miller

Comment

• hoffman
                • Oct 2004

What kind of bike is it? Looks like it has a flat-2 like a BMW
                Techno-Anarchist

Comment

• dmiller
                  • Mar 2001

Suzuki 750
                  Don Miller

Comment

• ibewgypsie
                    • Dec 2002

All my life, I have heard Green motorcycles are bad luck.. No clue on the source. Since the 70s.

David

Comment

• Your Old Dog
                      • Dec 2004

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">All my life, I have heard Green motorcycles are bad luck.. No clue on the source. Since the 70s.</font>

The picture is consistant with that thought.

Wonder if he had grief to deal with from bureaucrats telling him he couldn't do it? I could just hear New York State telling him why he couldn't do it. It's an inspiring picture. (probably a digital )
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

• speedy
                        • Jul 2004

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
                        All my life, I have heard Green motorcycles are bad luck.. No clue on the source. Since the 70s.David</font>
                        Same here Dave, I don`t know where it came from. Back in 70 or 71 when I had my first Triumph, it wasn`t green but all the wiring loom that was green we ripped out and replaced with blue? as did some of my other mates . Never rode over a bike death site that we were aware of for a good length of time either.

Ken
                        Ken.

Comment

• topct
                          • Jan 2004

One of the nicer ones I've seen. At first I thought, why is it mounted on the left? Then looking at it, why not. He's driving it from our normal left hand drive side. Makes a lot of sense.

Having worked at a local motorcycle salvage yard I got to see some amazing fixes for the challanged. One guys bike had "all" the controls mounted on the left hand side of the handle bar. Brakes, clutch, shifter, all on the same side. He had two artificial legs and only his left hand.

There was one that came in that a guy had an outrigger affair on the left side that he could let down when he stopped. He was missing his left leg and refused to wear a prothsetic.

Saw another set up for someone that had suffered the effects of thalilamide(sp). His arms and what he had for fingers were only as long as a normal persons upper arm.

All the bikes where well ridden and had been replaced by their owners with newer versions that I see occasionally.

And as far as green motorcycles? I have seen tons of wrecked bikes. 99% were not green.

------------------
                          Gene
                          Gene

Comment

Working...
                          X