X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoffman
    • Oct 2004

Jessie James welding book

I was at Barnes & Nobles and I saw a Jessie James Monster Garage welding book.On the cover it says "WELD ANYTHING!"

So I'm thinking, "Looks like it may be a cool book!" until I open it up and find that it's "Performance Welding" with a different cover and a bigger price...

C'mon guys, why not show us some "quick and dirty" tricks of the trade instead of just re-packaging something that everyone already has...
    Techno-Anarchist
  • CCWKen
    • Jan 2003

I wouldn't trust JJ to weld handles on a garbage can.

Comment

• mochinist
      • Oct 2003

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CCWKen:
      I wouldn't trust JJ to weld handles on a garbage can. </font>

Oh cmon, I understand bashing the mad dad show(Orange County Choppers) but Jesse actually has some talent when it comes to metal, the guy paid his dues and worked his way up from his garage, he can weld together a frame and make the gas tank and fenders to go along with it.
      Guru of something…

Comment

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

This is a good welding book. Lots of pictures of projects and equipment. I've only looked at a few welding books and this one would be my choice if I could only have one:

Welder's Handbook
        HP Books
        ISBN: 0895862573
        Richard Finch, Tom Monroe
        Softcover, 1985, 160 pages.

-Adrian

Comment

• lklb
          • Jan 2005

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">quote:
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally posted by CCWKen:
          I wouldn't trust JJ to weld handles on a garbage can.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh cmon, I understand bashing.......... but Jesse actually has some talent ............, he can weld together a frame and make the gas tank and fenders to go along with it.
          </font>
          Yeah, and don't forget he's NAILIN' Sandra Bullock.......Hot!!

Comment

• CCWKen
            • Jan 2003

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">... he can weld together a frame and make the gas tank and fenders to go along with it.</font>
            Oh really? That's not what I heard. The stuff "he" makes is crap. They don't let him do any real work. He got where he is on the Peter principle--Raised to the highest level of incompetence.

And... I wouldn't call Sandra Bullock a prize either.

Comment

• cntryboy1289
              • Jun 2005

ok. show us your work and Babe!

Comment

• CCWKen
                • Jan 2003

The car is a Corvette (work).

Comment

• CCWKen
                  • Jan 2003

I've got a lot more but I'll have to scan them in. (Older pics)

Comment

It's not a Jesse James welding book. It's by Richard Finch the author of Performance Welding and the Welder's Handbook.

If you've got the Welder's Handbook I don't know that there's a lot more instructional material in Performance Welding (which is also the Monster Garage welding book).

Comment

• hoffman
                      • Oct 2004

That was sort of my point Dan, Monster Garage is about quick and dirty fabrication and Finch's book is full of chromemoly race car and airplane parts.

I have Performance Welding and when I picked up the Jessie James book I thought it looked sort of familiar I think it does have some color pictures which my copy doesn't have.

I want to get a copy of the Welders Handbook.
                      Techno-Anarchist

Comment

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

I've got a lot more but I'll have to scan them in. (Older pics)</font>
                        Wow, nice stuff. You are good at welding handles on garbage cans.

Comment

• Wayne02
                          • Mar 2004

Ahh yes, Jessie James. Did you guys see the fight he got into while racing his figure eight car?

James has a really nice f-eight car that he seems to race fairly frequently at his local track. During this particular race one of the other guys was bashing into his car ruthlessly. Now, granted, f-8 is a contact sport, but this guy obviously had it in for James and would cut clear through the infield and just plow into James out of the blue.

Finally he cuts through the corner and t-bones James with a direct heavy hit which rendered both cars dead and the race red flagged. The guy then gets out of his car and starts jumping on James roof, trunk, and hood like a freaking mad man.

James stayed in the car while the guy was on the roof but he was getting unbuckled and ready, apparently. The guy finally jumps down off the car and is now kicking the right front fender in.

At this point James exits the car, runs around to the right front and nails the guy with enough hard blows that the guy had to go to the hospital by the time James was done with him.

Interviewed afterward, James said he was waiting until the guy got off the car and had his helmet off before he layed him out. He made sure he was completely unbuckled/unhooked so he could make a fast exit from the car and be on the guy in a flash. Smart thinking. Only damage was he had some bruised knuckles.

My dad raced f-8 cars for years. He always told me if you are going to go after another driver make sure he has his helmet OFF. Also, no matter how hot you may be after a race, never go after another driver in his pit stall without back-up from your crew with you (wait for them to come with you).

Bunch of damn knuckle dragging unsophisticated neanderthals anyway... God I love America!!!!

Wayne

Comment

• mochinist
                            • Oct 2003

Oh really? That's not what I heard. The stuff "he" makes is crap. They don't let him do any real work. He got where he is on the Peter principle--Raised to the highest level of incompetence.

And... I wouldn't call Sandra Bullock a prize either.
                            </font>
                            Well since you work in the car building business, I won't argue with you on what you have heard. I wonder who they is though, that are not letting him do any real work, since he is essentialy they(boss/owner).

As far as the Peter principle, maybe I misunderstand that, but doesn't that relate to employee's in an organization, not the guy who started the organization and is the employer. Again maybe I misunderstood the Peter principle and I can admit it if I am wrong. I izz a mochinist not a sociologist

I actually agree with you that Sandra Bullock is nothing special looks wise, BUT she is loaded, and definatly not ugly which is a bonus in my book.
                            Guru of something…

Comment

Sandra Bullock can drop her pants and bend over for me anytime. Come On guys! You'd hit it too.

Comment

Working...
                              X