PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on the mail...

hoffman
11-04-2005, 08:23 AM
I've had two days off work and I'm waiting on stuff in the mail in order to complete what I'm working on.

I cleaned the shop yesterday but I'm not starting on anything else until I get what I'm working on finished. What a pisser...

3 Phase Lightbulb
11-04-2005, 08:52 AM
I suggest you start up several more projects in your nice clean shop while you're waiting. Life is too short to wait http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

-Adrian

Wirecutter
11-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Hear, hear! Cleaning the shop leads to mental illness and breakdown. Bang on some metal. Make sparks and noise. Don't neglect those fine machines of yours.

snowman
11-04-2005, 11:06 AM
"Cleaning the shop leads to mental illness and breakdown"...

no no no...NOT CLEANING THE SHOP leads to that.

Cleaner it is, faster projects get done, faster I can move on to another project. I wont rest til that whole goddamn thing is clean. I'm sick of starting a project then "working" three hours trying to find something in the mess, or simply ordering another one.

It's getting rediculous. Hence the reason I'm selling everything I dont need right now, will be adding to the list I posted at PM site this morning! I just can't have it in the shop getting in my way anymore.

-Jacob

Paul F
11-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Wait.. wait.. wait...

You mean to tell me you FINISH one project before moving on to the next?!?!?

That's sick... Really sick...
Seek help...

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Paul F.

psomero
11-04-2005, 11:12 AM
an unusually clean shop is the sign of a sick mind...

hoffman
11-04-2005, 11:23 AM
I need to make something to fix something that will be used to fix something else.

I have a master plan...

Ron LaDow
11-04-2005, 11:26 AM
hoffman,
No matter what you want to do, you'll have to do something else first...
Thanks,
Ron LaDow

snowman
11-04-2005, 01:49 PM
it's a new thing...finishing projects.

I had never done it before last weekend. Now I plan a project that is very "finishable" for every weekend...I get amazing amounts of joy finishing projects....it's very strange.

Now granted, a lot of small projects turn in to something bigger, and bigger, etc...the trick is, finish the small one, then look at the bigger one, and then the bigger one. Or so I philosophize!

-Jacob