View Full Version : versamil slotter

11-12-2005, 07:04 PM
I think this attachment is for cutting internal keyways but I can't figure out what the round part with the holes in it is for. It's different from the slotter shown on the Versamil site.

Any ideas?



Deep Sea Tool Salvage

11-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Hoffman.. don't know about the cutter. But is that sand from the sub your been salvaging. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

11-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Found the slotter on the sub...

John Stevenson
11-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Ask this question over on Don's Practical Machist's site.

The guy who makes Versamills, Brian posts on there regular.

Sir John.

11-12-2005, 08:35 PM
No that isn't the versa-mil slotting attachment, that is one of the grinding attachments. The piece attached to the spindle is not a versa-mil part. The slotting attachment looks like a milling machine slotting attachment. The versa-mil coming with a series of internal grinder attachments for deep and shallow holes, This makes it excellent for machine tool rebuilding. I have a complete versa-mil and
it is really is a portable machine shop but 32k puts it out of the reach of most people.