PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with AVG

Michael Az
12-04-2005, 01:39 AM
I downloaded the AVG and uninstalled my old Norton. Things seem to be working ok except for my Thunderbird email. Takes a long time to come up and says I have 26 messages but I can't see them. When I hit the "get mail" button, nothing happens. What have I done wrong now?
James Torres if you see this I have an email and photos comming your way when I get this fixed!
Michael

Evan
12-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Try turning off the AVG e-mail scanner. There may be an issue with AVG and Thunderbird. It's something I need to look into next week. I have a customer with a similar problem. It may be version dependent. You might try mozilla.org to see if there is an update to Thunderbird.

flatv8
12-04-2005, 12:10 PM
I had the exact same problem with Thunder Bird. I just found the solution. Seems that Thunder Bird used temp. files to keep track of your measages. Problems happen when they get corrupted. The solution is to go into your email profile and delete the temp. files. Thunder Bird will then re-creat them properly. Here is the link to the Article describing the procedure.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=916288#916288
It takes a long time to open inbox - MozillaZine Forums

Michael Az
12-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks Evan. I disabled the email virus checker and that didn't do it. Went to Mozilla and found a discussion board and somebody with the same problem. They said to be sure to compress the folders inbox {Hope I said that right} and that fixed his problem. I tried that and went a step further and deleted almost everything and still no go. After many hours I give up and called a comuter guru that will stop by the next day or two. I wonder now if it has something to do with the 10 extension files I put in the vault as that is when it got goofy.
Thanks again Evan
Michael

Michael Az
12-04-2005, 12:16 PM
flatv8, we just posted the same time. I will go check that out. Thanks!!!
Michael