PDA

View Full Version : Delta Toolmaker Grinder

Martin
11-14-2002, 06:42 PM
Hi group,
Today, I played hookie from work and went to my first machine auction. This use to be a shop where they fabricated plastic injection extruding machines. There was over 300 items up for auction. There was some fantastic deals. Huge O.D. grinders $750. each.
I came home with an 18" turn table and a Delta Toolmaker grinder. I gave $400 for the grinder and $25. for the turn table.
I bought the turn table from a guy who bid on the lot of 2. He gave $50 for both of them. The grinder is in very good condition. It looks like they hardly used it. I will take some pics of it and post it on my web site.
Thanks for letting me share.
Martin.

lalatheman
11-14-2002, 07:06 PM
That sounds like a really fun sale. . . . !
I have been thinking of bidding on one of thoose large rotary tables possibly mounting it horizontally say 5 feet off the ground . . think of that a lathe with a 10 foot swing then using a cutoff saw as a roughing tool or bandsaw or cutting torch

Thrud
11-15-2002, 03:16 AM
Martin:
Nice!

jim
11-15-2002, 03:38 AM
Wouldn’t ya just know it. Cheep auctions are always two states away. A rotary table of twelve inches just does not go for less then two bills around here, unless it has been severely crashed.

Does that guy want to sell his other table?

Fantastic buy Martin

jim