PDA

View Full Version : maximat v10-p parts list

project280
12-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Does anyone out there have a parts breakdown for a Maximat V10-P?

WJHartson
12-11-2005, 09:53 PM
I have all of the parts and operators manuals for the V10 mill and lathe. It is the same as the V10P except for the power feed section. If you don't find what you want for the V10P and you want what I have let me know and I will make you a copy.

Joe

project280
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
That would be great, at least it is a start. If you want to e-mail it to me, my address is mysteremech@fuse.net. If you want to do a hard copy, contact me at that address and I will give you my mailing address. Thanks again and if you are going to do hard copy, I will pay for the postage.

radish1us
12-12-2005, 05:10 AM
I would dearly like a copy of the parts manual, but, alas, I live in Australia, it would cost to much to send a hard copy over to here.
What I am interested in is the break down of the parts from the electric motor, belt drive and what ALL the parts are, as the power is transfered into the head of the lathe. I have a sneaky suspicion that there is some form of dog clutch buried in there somewhere as there is a clacking noise when you turn the lathe on at full speed.
Mr WJHartson, is your email addy in your profile up to date??. If so, can I contact you directly??.

regards radish

WJHartson
12-12-2005, 09:38 AM
My e-mail address is corect in my profile. The clicking you are hearing is probably coming from the belt and cog pulley. The V10 doesn't have a clutch. The other possibility is that the backlash in the gear train is not set properly or one of the fiber gears has a missing tooth or damaged teeth.

Joe

dyenamite
12-12-2005, 11:12 AM
I hate to tag along as well but I also would like a copy of the manual and parts list. I have a V10P without the mill attachment that I am trying to get running again.

radish1us
12-13-2005, 05:14 AM
Thank you Jean-Pierre, I can now see what is in there and what the problem might be. This weekend I shall endevour to pull the top off and see if I can do some repairs.
Once again, thanks for going to all this trouble for me.

regards radish

project280
12-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Thank You Jean-Pierre, I appreciate you sending me both manuals. Although, thankfully, none on the essential parts are broken or missing on mine, I still like seeing the breakdown on everything. It is also nice to see all the accessories that were available. Thanks again for going to the trouble.

nheng
12-13-2005, 06:13 PM
The clacking sound could be the gear train between the headstock and the leadscrew. Check that all gears in that area (on the quadrant, tumbler reverse, etc.) have a slight amount of clearance to adjacent gears (a piece of letter paper is a good thickness to set them up with, just squeeze it between two gears and tighten the moveable one). A few drops of light oil on the gear faces will help to quiet them down.

At the highest spindle speeds, you will hear them more ... just the nature of the beast.

Den

rhouston
03-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Does anyone out there have a parts breakdown for a Maximat V10-P?

I have the complete documentation set for the V10-P

lakeside53
03-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Really old thread! Just join the emcov10lathe group on yahoo. The manuals and much more are in the files section.

Andy

Dunc
03-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Don't know if useful or not as I never owned a Maximat [drool] but there is a yahoo group for these machines
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/emcoV10lathe/

Edit: Oops, just got beat to the post!

Sandata
02-11-2015, 09:48 AM
I have the complete documentation set for the V10-P

I recently inherited a V10 with the milling attachment and could really use a copy of the manual and also if possible the parts list. (My copy of the list is a very poor copy) I have to replace some of the missing fibre gears
If possible could you please email me a copy or a dropbox link to download a copy. many thanks in anticipation

Rosco-P
02-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Dead thread started in 2005. Last resurrection 03-2013.

Why not just join the Yahoo Emco group as suggested in post #11?