PDA

View Full Version : McMaster Carr

Rustybolt
12-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Fricken' rocks. I ordered a four foot ballscrew sunday night and they just dropped it off tues. morning.
Everything else takes ten days to get here this time of year. I'm still waiting for some electrical stuff I ordered two weeks ago.

BillH
12-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Yep, they do rock, always next days shipping for me it seams. Must be a local warehouse to me.

PTSideshow
12-14-2005, 12:52 PM
They have one in northern Ohio. always the next day or two depending on what time you order it.
Another great one for servive and shipping is US Plastic everything in the plastic line. From medical, lab ware, bottles structural fiberglass shapes to all types of fittings and tubing. They are also in Northern Ohio. just got the email that my order yesterday late is shipped and compelete.
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.asp

------------------
Glen
Been there, probally broke it doing that

Paul F
12-14-2005, 02:48 PM
As long as you don't need a catalog... (or beleive their customer service rep when they tell you, repeatedly, that they're going to "get one right out to you").

Paul F.

ERBenoit
12-14-2005, 02:58 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Paul F:
[B]As long as you don't need a catalog... </font>

I have no problem getting them. I get at least two every year. Nice to have, though I rarely open them.

Their web site is easier than rifling through the catalog.

FWIW, Warehouses in New Jersey, Ohio, Georgia, Illinois, and California.

Very rarely do I not get next day delivery.

3 Phase Lightbulb
12-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Yup, I've ordered lots of little things from McMaster and they all shipped out in a timely manner.

bob308
12-14-2005, 04:51 PM
if you buy enough from them you will get a catalog. other then that you can not even buy one from them.

meho
12-14-2005, 05:06 PM
I like MSC. It's next day from Atlanta to LaGrange.

Plus, the MSC in ATL stocks all the machines. A friend and I picked up his Bridgeport there. Now if I could pick one up for myself...

James

Your Old Dog
12-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Was it Hoffman that ordered a Plasma cutter? Was it from them? Has it come yet? Will it come before years end? Is he okay with the wait? Will he still want it when it does eventually come?

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 12-14-2005).]

Leigh
12-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi All,

I do a lot of business with McMaster-Carr, and I'm quite pleased. They have the best e-commerce website I've ever encountered at http://www.mcmaster.com .

------------------
Leigh W3NLB

JPR
12-14-2005, 07:10 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Your Old Dog:
Was it Hoffman that ordered a Plasma cutter? Was it from them? Has it come yet? Will it come before years end? Is he okay with the wait? Will he still want it when it does eventually come?
</font>
No, his was an ebay seller I think. I think he is way past both the 30 and 50 day FTC limits http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/mailorder.htm

irontoart
12-14-2005, 08:05 PM
love McMaster-Carr. They can get stuff to me in Canada quicker than many Canadian Companys. Love the website. We have their Cat in the office but no one uses it anymore. Their website is the best. Every company should check them out before they create their own website.

lynnl
12-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Does McMaster-Carr also send out monthly sale catalogs like MSC, Enco, J&L, etc.?

Anyone know what their (M-C) minimum order is?

Rustybolt
12-15-2005, 02:02 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lynnl:

eAnyone know what their (M-C) minimum ordr is?</font>

Does McMaster-Carr also send out monthly sale catalogs like MSC, Enco, J&L, etc.?

No. It takes a lot of money and an act of god to get one of their physical catalogs.Just go to their website. It's much easier to use anyway.

eAnyone know what their (M-C) minimum ordr

None, zip, zero, nada. Order over the internet with your credit card. Or establish an account and order.

They are very user friendly.

oldmx
12-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Ordered a couple of taps from Mcmaster Carr yesterday and got them this morning, less than 20 hours between ordering and receiving. Joe.

Leigh
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM
They certainly are customer friendly.

I recently sent them an email about a problem with an order. They called me on the phone before I got my cc copy of the email back, which is to say less than 20 seconds after I sent it. Now that's service.

------------------
Leigh W3NLB

[This message has been edited by Leigh (edited 12-15-2005).]

Dave Burnett
12-16-2005, 10:43 AM
I can order as late as 3:00 pm and still get it next day. They are great people to deal with.
Getting a catalog from them can be a chore sometimes.

Dave Burnett
12-16-2005, 10:43 AM
I can order as late as 3:00 pm and still get it next day. They are great people to deal with.
Getting a catalog from them can be a chore sometimes.

AZSORT
12-16-2005, 11:01 AM
McMaster is like having my own huge warehouse. Virtually always in stock, products are always as described, and when UPS dropped the extra truck that got me 1-day service to me, McMaster switched to FedEx. Sure they cost a little more - but did you ever price out having youe own warehouse?

Greg C.