PDA

View Full Version : Pinging David.....

Your Old Dog
12-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I just recently returned from computer hell. I lost, or hopefully just misplaced, a lot of stuff.

At one time about a year ago you posted some pictures of an outside workbench you had and it had a neat setup for mounting a motor under a workbench that you could move into position when wanted to use it. If you still have that pic I'd appreciate it if you could post it again. I'd like to try my hand at making a couple of them.

thanks, ray........

Dawai
12-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Nother David.. Mine go into 2x2 sockets.. If you think, it was in the tips section.. I liked it too.

My friends have started putting sockets on thier benches so they can borrow tools.. Now that is kinda scary.

Your Old Dog
12-25-2005, 07:05 PM
I found it David. Sorry, thought it belonged to you. Interesting setup at anyrate. Sure would be a good job for a plasma cutter !!

http://www.raysstuff.com/shop/hsm/mtr%20mount%20swing%20es%20lock.jpg

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 12-25-2005).]

rockrat
12-25-2005, 09:57 PM
It does look like a neat ider. But won't it vibrate to all hell and back? I normally have to bolt mine down hard so that it does not try to walk away from me.

rock-

speedy
12-26-2005, 02:23 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rockrat:
It does look like a neat ider. But won't it vibrate to all hell and back? I normally have to bolt mine down hard so that it does not try to walk away from me.
rock-</font>

You have probably got an unbalance problem with the grinder wheels Rock.

ken

Your Old Dog
12-26-2005, 05:11 AM
Rock, you could be right but a simple cam with a tab on it would snug it up enough to take care of a little movement. I've sworn to keep stuff off the floor of this shop for easy cleaning. That leaves me a lot of space under the workbenches for this kind of setup.

madman
12-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Would hate to acidently leave that grinder on and have the 10 inch wire wheel slap me right in the cookies. Ouch. HaHa would serve me right i reckon. Darn good idea instead of wasting that under table space for the old fashioned drawer mount power tools. Hm. I never liked drawers under my table workbench cause i store the tall items there. Draweres belong in yer toolbox and covering your you know what (Ass if you didnt figure that out) Take Care Madman