PDA

View Full Version : is this for real

Alistair Hosie
12-30-2005, 09:24 AM
I bought this for £5.99 u.k is this a fake or have I bought a dud seems cheap.Alistair

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7206287500&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:11

Kansas_Farmer
12-30-2005, 09:36 AM
I'll bet you're fine.

I had one of these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-2003-Ford-Service-Manual-DVD-Powerstroke-SVT-4x4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34221QQitemZ8025605 681QQrdZ1) givin to me a few years ago. It has every single last page of every book that Ford Motor Co. ever printed for everything they ever built between 96 and 03. Well, ok, prolly not EVERY page.... I love this thing!!

[This message has been edited by Kansas_Farmer (edited 12-30-2005).]

Rex
12-30-2005, 09:41 AM
The MH CD appears to be a copy. If so, it's a bootleg copy of a copyrighted work.

Of course, that particular work is available for free download if you look long enough. And it's always the 26th Edition. Wonder why none of the others ever show up ?

PTSideshow
12-30-2005, 09:55 AM
They are last edtion before the new one that is out now. 27 is the current in the neighbor hood of 150.00 US for the cdrom and large print edtion. As with most things in the cd dvd and paper form on E bay low price means bootleg. guy bought it and recooping his outlay making copies.
And I thought that it only happened with magic store owners. they buy one book andthey think they can make copies for ever.

------------------
Glen
Been there, probally broke it doing that

[This message has been edited by PTSideshow (edited 12-30-2005).]

Paul Alciatore
12-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Perhaps I am an optimist. I have that edition and I bought the book/CD combo. The disk looks like mine so it may be an original. Perhaps someone bought the combo and decided they didn't need the CD. Perhaps someone swiped one from work. Who knows. But it could be a legit copy.

As to what it is worth, it is the older edition, and I have seen a lot of offers from mainstream retailers for edition 26 at greatly reduced prices. They call it clearance. You may even have been overcharged.

Paul A.

Allan Waterfall
12-30-2005, 10:28 AM
There was a link to download that edition some months ago.I downloaded it but like everything on a CD it's nowhere nearly as handy or useful as having a book.

Hope you've not spent Bronwens birthday money. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Happy Hogmaniny.

Allan

aboard_epsilon
12-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Think you have to register online or put in a serial number to get it working.
if so you need the serial number....
if it dont have one of these ...then maybe it wont work.
all the best.mark

debequem
12-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Any one have that download link? Is it legal?

aboard_epsilon
12-31-2005, 12:19 PM
They are all on the p2p network.
you wont find them on any web page because they are over 250 mb
not saying anymore
all the best.mark

Your Old Dog
12-31-2005, 04:36 PM
I bought one used off ebay. It wouldn't work. Shortly after that my computer crashed and was done for 2 months. Maybe it was just a coincidence. I complained to the guy telling him I was buying an original copy and not a copy. He refunded my money and told me to keep the disk. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Your Old Dog
12-31-2005, 04:49 PM
I bought one used off ebay. It wouldn't work. Shortly after that my computer crashed and was done for 2 months. Maybe it was just a coincidence. I complained to the guy telling him I was buying an original copy and not a copy. He refunded my money and told me to keep the disk. Hope you have better luck than I did.

john hobdeclipe
12-31-2005, 06:59 PM
I think it's fake. Look closely at the picture of the CD...the real Machinery's Handbook is always spelled with the 's (apostrophy and "s")

Got burned on a similar deal recently. Bought a copy of Photoshop / Illustrator from an eBay seller. It would not install, and a call to Adobe brought out the truth and a chuckle...it was a bootleg job, and I had fallen for it.

So it goes.