PDA

View Full Version : This is one of those I seen everything moments



PTSideshow
01-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Seen lots of stuff makes you scratch your head and ask why. Don't know many plants, or companies would let you wear this.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ptsideshow/File00022.jpg
BTW its in the new Northern Tools inventory redeux catalog that came today
------------------
Glen
Been there, probally broke it doing that

[This message has been edited by PTSideshow (edited 01-04-2006).]

3 Phase Lightbulb
01-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Yup, there is no better way to listen to the RFI from your High Freq TIG machine http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

-Adrian

Evan
01-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Bet that works well with a naked arc going a couple of feet away.

wierdscience
01-04-2006, 07:03 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
Bet that works well with a naked arc going a couple of feet away.</font>

It might actually,our shop radio at work is two feet from our Linclon hardhat,250amp motor/generator unit and it works fine even arc'ed up at 220 amps,that is until the speaker magnet fills up with grinding dust http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

mochinist
01-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Why wouldn't they let you use it? I would let my guy's wear it, it would be no less safe than wearing earplugs.

[This message has been edited by mochinist (edited 01-04-2006).]

mochinist
01-04-2006, 07:17 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wierdscience:
It might actually,our shop radio at work is two feet from our Linclon hardhat,250amp motor/generator unit and it works fine even arc'ed up at 220 amps,that is until the speaker magnet fills up with grinding dust http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif</font>

Ditto, our tig welder never messes with the radio, but it sure does screw with our phonelines.

3 Phase Lightbulb
01-04-2006, 08:11 PM
My FM stereo in the shop goes bizzerk when I'm TIG welding. The PLL tuner thinks there is no signal so it stops. After I finish welding I have to move to the next station then back on the tuner to get back to the station I was listening to. I don't have everything grounded like I should though so I'm not surprised.

-Adrian

hoffman
01-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Both my plasma cutter and tig welder do funky things to my radio...

Bond
01-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Earplugs block noise, you can still hear.FM radio you can not hear what you may need to.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mochinist:
Why wouldn't they let you use it? I would let my guy's wear it, it would be no less safe than wearing earplugs.

[This message has been edited by mochinist (edited 01-04-2006).]</font>

PTSideshow
01-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Just read the blurb about the radio. Its a good one 8 preset stations, one speaker, and it is an auto darking lens I hope they have seperate battiers for the two LOL !

------------------
Glen
Been there, probally broke it doing that

mochinist
01-04-2006, 10:28 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bond:
Earplugs block noise, you can still hear.FM radio you can not hear what you may need to. </font>

I call bullcrap, I have been in big shops that required hearing protection, alot of the guys in those shops had the combination earmuffs/fm radios. I think if your boss doesn't let you wear this, he is probably just an asshole that likes to micro manage.

It say's right in the ad that the speaker is near your ear not in it, I am sure you could still hear someone yell if needed also.

mochinist
01-04-2006, 10:31 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PTSideshow:
Just read the blurb about the radio. Its a good one 8 preset stations, one speaker, and it is an auto darking lens I hope they have seperate battiers for the two LOL !

</font>

Not trying to diss your reading comprehension, but it say's right in the ad that it has seperate battery's for the two.

P.S. Just for the record I think the thing is pretty silly myself, it doesn't even have an mp3 player in it. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//frown.gif

IOWOLF
01-05-2006, 05:21 AM
So, MO, Invent one and make a million. Then you can make overpowered gocarts and repair snowplows. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//wink.gif

------------------
The tame Wolf !

PTSideshow
01-05-2006, 05:59 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Not trying to diss your reading comprehension, but it say's right in the ad that it has seperate battery's for the two.</font>was refering to a back up battery, incase of a problem with the solar battery that powers the lens.

------------------
Glen
Been there, probally broke it doing that

Boomer
01-05-2006, 10:49 AM
One speaker? No stereo? Sheesh, besides who can listen to FM radio anymore? Way to many obnoxious comercials and they talk over the begining of the music and the end. 'course you can always tune in npr if you lean to left http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

mochinist
01-05-2006, 05:25 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:
So, MO, Invent one and make a million. Then you can make overpowered gocarts and repair snowplows. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//wink.gif

</font>
Ha ha the gocarts might be fun, but the snowplow would never get used, it is 80 degs here today, and it hasn't rained in like 70 something days.


<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PTSideshow:
was refering to a back up battery, incase of a problem with the solar battery that powers the lens.

</font>
mmhmm sure you were
http://www.greeting-cards-4u.com/tubes/Disney/Pinocchio.gif

Wayne02
01-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Can you imagine of that bad boy had stereo and xm satellite radio? I'd never get anything done, be too busy playing air guitar rather than welding! http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//wink.gif