X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TECHSHOP
    • Jan 2006

New Lathe

When my grandfather return from the war he looked around and realized much had change during his absence.

He under took a struggle to save the family business from the his mature stepmother, only 18 short months older than his immature wife. The struggle was taking its toll on his heath, still somewhat weary from the war. But eventually he prevailed.

After he took control of a family business, reestablished the rail lines north to south,
    connecting once again the great northern coal fields beneath the houses of his great uncles with the iron mines of his uncles to the south.

These rebuilt lines intersected with the east-west main line at the blighted heart of a once proud industrial American city, where the mill and the foundry where built from the remains of abandoned sites, a few dating to the times of French and Indian War.

He then designed and began production of a lathe that incorporated every idea that he had ever gotten from every lathe he had ever seen. He allowed no compromise in his high standards of the finished products.

There is some old fragmentary evidence that he had intended to ship several lathes around the world, after a debut at a local show. But a small voice rose up out of the darkness and cried, “ He ain’t no machinist by my measure.â€‌ My grandfather thought for a moment, decided the man was right, he really didn’t know anything about customer service, and sold everything as scrap to the Chinese.

He then turn, picked up the over-under shot gun, imported from the old country, that he just won in a raffle and went hunting.

A mostly true story for school by my possible future grandchild , circa 2050, on the founding of SHOPA$$ industry.
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."
  • FBI
    • Nov 2005

WTF ^^^

[This message has been edited by FBI (edited 01-11-2006).]

Comment

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

Hi Tony Dodson!

Remember this?

Tony Dodson's Nightmare

Comment

Shopass,Techshop, whatever you are going by this week.
        Get the hell out of here if you want to be just an annoyance.

------------------
        The tame Wolf !

Comment

• Fasttrack
          • Jul 2005

So where are you at right now? Thinking of exporting some around the world? No seriously, did you make your own lathe? If so what kind of features do you have?

Comment

Working...
          X