PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen gauges

brunneng
01-18-2006, 01:35 AM
I was wondering if anyone has ever found or used a more sensitive oxygen gauge on an oxy-ac welding setup. The regular low pressure gauge barely moves to try to set a 5psi level. Have you ever seen a oxy gauge that will measure something like 0-15 psi at half display.

Just a thought, Kevin

Samuel
01-18-2006, 04:21 AM
the "smith" little torch for jewelers works in the lower range, its tip sizes are based on the pounds of pressure of oxygen that your reg. should be set at for optimal neutral flame. although I think that the out fitting would need to be upsized as the little torch is based on the 1/4" hose configuration where as many oxy welding rigs use 3/8" hose/fittings. (I think)

Regards,

Samuel

Allan Waterfall
01-18-2006, 04:38 AM
Two stage regulators are more sensitive than single stage and easier to keep the right pressure at the tip.

Allan

torker
01-18-2006, 06:49 AM
What Alan said! I used to use my O/A setup quite a bit for welding aluminum.
The thin guage metal only required 3 and 3 psi to work.
I found if I set the proper psi for the acetalene with the guage that I had best results with the O2 by opening the torch valve wide open then setting the pressure with the bottle valve.
Russ

rockrat
01-18-2006, 05:51 PM
They make more sensitive regulators. The cobra torch comes with them, if you buy the full kit.

Heres a link, caution! Expensive stuff here.

http://www.cut-like-plasma.com/info_regulators.htm

rock-