PDA

View Full Version : cabin fever verses NAMES show

mitchell
01-24-2006, 08:37 PM
which show is bigger and better . Have been to cabin fever but never been to names.Trying to figure if it is worth the trip from delaware to see names.

railfancwb
01-24-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm the other way. Been to NAMES but not Cabin Fever. NAMES is in a new location this year. Hope to make it, but who knows...

Charles

jcc3inc
01-25-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi,

Just got my NAMES flyer two days ago. The dates are Saturday, April 27th from 9AM to 6PM and Sunday from 9AM to 4PM. The location is at the Seagate Convention Center, 401 Jefferson Ave., Toledo, OH. Setup by exhibitors is Friday, See
www.modelengineeringsoc.com (http://www.modelengineeringsoc.com) for more info.

Jack C.

Than

hsmike
01-25-2006, 08:12 AM
jcc3inc,
Is it the 27th in your flyer ? It says April 22/23 on the link.

Mike

japcas
01-25-2006, 10:56 AM
jcc3inc, I believe you need to look at the flyer again. Mine says Saturday April 22 and Sunday April 23.

JCHannum
01-25-2006, 04:30 PM
April 22 & 23 is the correct date. They had to move it up a week this year due to problems in getting the convention center. Next year, it will go back to the last weekend in April.

I have not been to Cabin Fever for several years, but it is my inderstanding thea NAMES is still larger. NAMES is the original model engineering show in the US, and well worth attending.

Toledo is a nice town, and there are meny things to occupy the wife and/or children if the show does not interest them.

As far as better or worse, that is hard to judge. Many of the same vendors and displayers will be at both shows, but there is certainly enough variety to make attendance to both worthwhile if it is possible.