PDA

View Full Version : O.T. I knew this would happen.

chief
01-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I lost a job before reporting contractor's scamming to the government. There is always a little waste but this is just nobody giving a damn. I cannot even begin to relate how much money Isaw wasted during my 30 years in the military by officers who didn't give a ****,were lining there own pockets (nice consulting jobs upon retirement) or were just plain stupid.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060129/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_squandered_aid

TECHSHOP
01-29-2006, 03:12 PM
chief:

I was there at the start (03), and won't judge by the accountants "after action review". I think, with a few exceptions, that it is a lack of proper "documentation" then out right theft/graft by our side.

Now the hajii, was just doing "biz as usual" in the "third world" and a lot of Americans didn't have the "smarts" not to trust "friendly" people. Bargaining by translators, starting offer to "high", etc.

If your were dealing with an individual and he was killed, "went missing", etc there is not a lot that could be done.

Without getting specific, I think most of the "waste" can be accounted for in my mind. Someday, maybe the "whole" story will come out but this is not the place for many reasons to tell more.

------------------
Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Forrest Addy
01-29-2006, 03:18 PM
The story that surfaces from time to time is the pallet of $20's and $100's that was lost off a truck. It was supposed to be a six month supply of bribe money (bribes are a fact of life in that part of the world) but it just disappeared.

sauer38h
01-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Sounds much like trying to get something built in Boston.

Seeing the story in that light, the Iraq project has to be considered a success.

railfancwb
01-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Talkin' 'bout the "Big Dig"? Is that thing finished yet or has it turned into a lifetime employment situation for some folks? Charles