PDA

View Full Version : OT== Bush vs IRAN

Millman
01-31-2006, 10:01 PM
I know you guys don't do politics here, but tonight I heard how our economy is booming, millions of jobs created, and if I remember correctly Bush used "harsh" words like this just before we attacked Iraq. Ol' boy even mentioned that we have competition from India and China for manufactured goods. It's amazing how some people will worship an oil Baron like he gives a **** about poor people!

------------------
Dave da Slave , BFH

Dawai
01-31-2006, 10:35 PM
DOn't know about that, but at 11am today there was about 50 black helicopters (took 15 minutes) that went over my house, then at 1 about another ten, then about five another ten, then right after dark a unknown amount of at least five pauses in between them.

There is some **** up. Not sure what.

Hug your wife and tell your kids you love them.

Maybe just moving equipment? Osama promised us a personal delivery of some type.

Bush is just a puppet, like the last one, like the last one before him. We were preparing for terrorist activities long before 9/11.. We were installing Peaker generation plants all over the southeast. Meaning not relying on hydroelectric power plants for critical operations so I was told. Last one planned was Tullahoma Tenn, next to the wind tunnel where they test. I wasn't in on that one.

TWO years before Hussien invaded Kuwait, the goverment stepped into Synthetic industries and ordered a million sandbags. They then set up shop in the plant and supervised production. I was working in that plant.

They also started producing Camo in larger sizes. They knew they had fatboy retreads to clothe long before Sadamm crossed the line. A internet girlfriend was in there. They had inspectors-monitors making sure they made production.

Of course, all of this "before action" is documented and not myths or conspiracy theories. I guess we just have psychics in goverment who know what we need before we need it.

My opinion, Americans matter, screw Iran, carpet bomb the place. I am still mad when they had hostages when we had a smiling president, They refused to give our Marines the permission to load thier shotguns. They could have held off a large crowd in a corridor till help arrived. They didn't give our boys a chance. Politics.
I don't have any friends there. Hell lets just make a glass plate out of all the desert? If there is nothing to burn, no nuclear winter? RIGHT?

tattoomike68
01-31-2006, 10:42 PM
If left wing communist hate bush, that makes me happy.

TECHSHOP
01-31-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm going to sleep on it, but don't think I heard anything to inspire a change of heart.

David E Cofer: few other possiblities

Graduation Day at the flight school

Some General retiring, and likes helo rides

End of month pilot flight hours "quota"

Use up fuel before "expires"

------------------
Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

snowman
01-31-2006, 10:57 PM
or, superbowl

what direction were they moving?

i wish i could leave se michigan this weekend.

i hate this area enough as it is, let alone the hoards of people that will start piling in soon.

snowman
01-31-2006, 10:59 PM
" My opinion, Americans matter, screw Iran, carpet bomb the place. I am still mad when they had hostages when we had a smiling president, They refused to give our Marines the permission to load thier shotguns. They could have held off a large crowd in a corridor till help arrived. They didn't give our boys a chance. Politics.
I don't have any friends there. Hell lets just make a glass plate out of all the desert? If there is nothing to burn, no nuclear winter? RIGHT?"

Dont want to destroy all the precious oil wells silly guy.

Millman
01-31-2006, 11:02 PM
I read Hugo Chavez may cut off our oil supply; Iran says no oil will leave the Gulf area period.

Dawai
01-31-2006, 11:05 PM
Well, How about the Neutron bomb..

You would think it is just talk, but at a local nuclear plant the Rads went way up because they were radiating hydrogen in the lines and siphoning it off for just such a known weapon. Gas does not shield and asorb like a fluid does. Yah, I ain't sayin more. I signed a paper. Of course I might grow to like prison. I hear the food has gotten better.

Kill the infestation of Unhappy people with rags on thier heads, equipment is allright, oil flows under new management.

Millman
01-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah, it's been a long time since I've even read anything about the Neutron,Sounds like the way to go. Just hate the thought of more young dudes heading that direction to save the oil, you know what I mean.

[This message has been edited by Millman (edited 01-31-2006).]

snowman
01-31-2006, 11:11 PM
dave,

what direction were they moving? (the heli's)

wierdscience
01-31-2006, 11:14 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Millman:
I know you guys don't do politics here, but tonight I heard how our economy is booming, millions of jobs created, and if I remember correctly Bush used "harsh" words like this just before we attacked Iraq. Ol' boy even mentioned that we have competition from India and China for manufactured goods. It's amazing how some people will worship an oil Baron like he gives a **** about poor people!

</font>

I'm not the president,an oil barron or rich and I don't give a damn about poor people,does that make me a bad person?

I guess we could be worshipping a goldplated phoney ketchup barron who doesn't give a damn about poor people,but oh ya that's right he didn't win did he?

Oh,and BTW,where does this oil barron **** the moonbats keep droning come from?Bush lost his ass in the oil business,the money he made was in Baseball.

Cheney I could maybe see it what with him owning Haliburton once upon a time and all,but Howard Dean took money from Enron and Haiburton just before he turned Vermont into the captive insurance capitol of the US.

Oh,and while we're on the subject of oil barrons,when Jimmy"dumbass"Carter gave away the Panama Canal,why do you think he did that exactly?
Correct answers= 10 points http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

canman
01-31-2006, 11:17 PM
I agree with Dave, Make a parking lot for F-15's out of the entire place..........

Millman
01-31-2006, 11:20 PM
WS, hey, I never said anything about Kerry. I can't stand any of those "Paid Political Puppets. They just do what they're told. I am not affiliated with any political party. It just burns my ass when I see just how many people DO worship those ..........people!

rsr911
01-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Come on people, oil is the life blood of our society, if we were truly the wicked state ther libs think we are we would have taken over the eniter middle east, part of south american and made Canada the 51st state. Instead we *****foot around not wanting to hurt others feelings, sad state we are in. Every great civilatization in history fell from the inside out, we have libs for that. Iran, flatten it and make it a territory.

------------------
-Christian D. Sokolowski

Millman
01-31-2006, 11:29 PM
Can't stand the libs either. They think their candidates are going to change things. Evidently they don't know things will stay the same.

rsr911
01-31-2006, 11:29 PM
BTW Millman, no one truly cares about poor people. Work hard, save money, invest well, and everyone will care about you. Not trying to stir trouble but that is a fact, wealth brings security and power.

------------------
-Christian D. Sokolowski

Dawai
01-31-2006, 11:32 PM
I really do dislike "I WAS IN VIETNAM" Kerry. I was on a swift boat. I throwed someone elses medals over the whitehouse fence, Kerry, I kept mine.

Don't get me started, I done got laid, ate some homemade apple pie, a big bowl with vanilla ice cream. I'm ready, take me on home lord.

Tattoo: Communism is for stupid people who can't read history. It has not worked. YET. Too many corrupt people stealing from everyone. That is somebodys dream. A pipe dream for hippies and idiots. AND, just why did we let Jane Fonda back into the country?

Of course, our country becomes more restrictive like it was everyday.

Don't get me started, I am going to bed.

Snowman: perhaps I said too much allready. If something has happened, happening, it will be on the news tomorrow.

TECHSHOP
01-31-2006, 11:35 PM
rsr911

Money doan make you happier, sha--jes' make you crazier

------------------
Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Dawai
01-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Hell, I am so mad at Kerry, I may vote for Hillary Clinton. She at least can control her temper.

She should have kicked Bill's ass. She did put two secret service agents into the hospital. One hit in the head with a ashtray, other had pyschological problems resulting from verbal abuse. *he wanted to choke the living **** outa her.. SO I heard.. ha ha..

She was the brains of that duo I think. Even if she is split tail.

Millman
01-31-2006, 11:37 PM
Doesn't look like the millions for the hurricanes is doing much good either. All the speechwriters make me want to puke.

BillH
01-31-2006, 11:47 PM
All money does is buy you toys, true happiness for me would be a wife and family. Everyone has their own criteria for that one.

Millman
01-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Speaking of Hillary, did you see the closeup of her when Bush said something about her turning 60?? That look could have killed 3 secret service men!

rsr911
01-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Money buys security. happiness is still up to you. Wife and family is great, try it when you can't afford the gas bill...still happy?

------------------
-Christian D. Sokolowski

chief
02-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Money cannot buy love but it can buy something so damn close you can't tell the difference.

YankeeMetallic
02-01-2006, 01:09 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by David E Cofer:
Partial quote.... Yah, I ain't sayin more. I signed a paper. Of course I might grow to like prison. </font>
I signed 2 of those myself in the 80's. Don't take those lightly. I was actually contacted 1 1/2 years ago by NSA due to either a conversation I had on a satellite phone with a Ranger buddy in the 'Stan, or a topic I wrote in ARCOM. Big Brother is listening still, and take violations of "non-existent" 'Non-Disclosure agreements' very seriously. I aint going to be the one making boulders into pea gravel.

Dawai
02-01-2006, 05:47 AM
The way things are going? Hillary may be the VP hopefull on the Kerry ticket.

NOW that would just serve to piss me off.

My union hall says I vote Democratic, Hell every president in office as long as I remember has not been a friend of the working man. From Jimmy Carter smiling and saying "the average american is going to have to asorb inflation" to Reagan? giving companies the right to "steal" retirement money by borrowing against it.

COpperhill Tn, the company up there had bought the mining "satellite" company just to liquidate it. They borrowed against everyone's retirement. Then abscounded with the money. All the union guys were without thier paid in retirement. I saw a 80 year old man in the steel place crying like a baby. He had to go back to work. Then they had a lawsuit against the parent company. Most the old-timers didn't know about it or get in on it. So they are still without. Probably eating dogfood.
Imagine being loyal to a company all you life, trusting them, then getting raped when you are too old and sick to do anything about it.

AND THEN, the steward on the job I was on then, wanted to take up money for a man who died in a car wreck after crossing thier picket line (in front of a closed plant). I told him he could after he was done being my daytime steward and to do it on his own time. Of course that made me unpopular since he was a suck-ass. Damn politics.
Then when I got my lungs burned on that job, it took him 3 days to get the grievance papers for OSHA saftey. He was hoping I would die or leave. Everyone who knows me, knows I am too stubborn to die easily or leave. Our contract says every union company must adhere to the Osha rules.. NOW that is ONE unenforced item. It makes our representation cry to get out of the office and onto a job. I guess like most politicians they are afraid of getting a black eye, or a 38 in the belly.
The union jobs are more unsafe than any rat job in existience, You voted your normal workers rights away when you signed that agreement. And unless the officials make the company adhere to "anything" you are powerless. You can quit. As I have a few where I thought I would die.
ON Sequoah Nuclear steam generator replacement, they asked me to go under a 260 ton generator while it was suspended and swinging on the worlds largest jib crane, extended two hundred feet, with cables through a hole in the containment roof. I looked up at the round track crane with JLG's bolted to it, looked at all the crap in the ceiling and said F-U....

I'm lucky I have what health I have left.

HEY, we're still all alive? I wonder where them damn helicopters were going?

Mcgyver
02-01-2006, 06:06 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BillH:
All money does is buy you toys, true happiness for me would be a wife and family. Everyone has their own criteria for that one.</font>

Money doesn't buy you hapiness, but it does give you the time and resources to find and do those things that make you happy, whether that's a lathe, taking shots in the driveway with your kid or a 160' yacht or whatever. There may be some miserable rich but imo its pretty much assured if you're poor, why else the daily struggle to keep food in the fridge and the gas turned on?

[This message has been edited by Mcgyver (edited 02-01-2006).]

Dawai
02-01-2006, 09:20 AM
&lt;CNN reporter story&gt;
Much of what transpired next between Bill and Hillary Clinton was plainly audible to Secret Service agents and household staff members down the hall. In the past, Hillary had thrown books and an ashtray at the President -- both hitting their mark. This time, he would later tell one of his oldest political confidants, Hillary rose to her feet and slapped him across the face -- hard enough to leave a red mark that would be clearly visible to Secret Service agents when he left the room.

"You stupid, stupid, stupid bastard," Hillary shouted. Her words, delivered at the shrill, ear-splitting level that had become familiar to White House personnel over the years, ricocheted down the corridor. "My God, Bill, how could you risk everything for that?"

But it was not in the nature of Bill Clinton to remain silent in the face of his wife's fury. He fought back, loudly arguing, as he would to the grand jury, that he had not slept with Monica Lewinsky and therefore had not committed adultery. What he did with Monica Lewinsky -- including fellatio, fondling, and phone sex- was not, by Clinton's narrow definition, sexual activity. "I did not lie to you about that!" he could be heard shouting through the door. "I said I didn't have sex with that woman, and I didn't!"

The screaming continued for a few moments, and then seemed to end as abruptly as it had begun. Spent emotionally and physically, Hillary sank back onto the bed. "How," she asked numbly, "are we going to tell Chelsea?"

&lt;end partial quote&gt;

WHOO HOO Hillary.
Just kinda makes you want to have a coon dog for a companion. She couldn't control Bills impulses. She was damage control for him.

AND, Mr BUSH and I have not seen the queer cowboy show.(broken-back mountain&gt;?. Not if I was on a deserted island that was the one show on.. NOPE.. Televisions have off-buttons for a reason.

debequem
02-01-2006, 09:38 AM
That is a bit of a myth. The Neutron Bomb was designed as a personnel incapacitation device for combatants in hardened or armored vehicles. It was a Cold War device designed to instantly halt an invading army. It could also be used to render incoming missiles impotent by “frying their brains.” It is considered a tactical device, however, the effective kill zone is very limited. The bomb releases a flood of neutrons that act as the killing agent. However, the radiation density falls of with the square of the distance.

These bombs were made in approximately 1 kilo-ton size and have an effective radius of under 1 kilometer (typically 700 meter). The resulting blast/shock wave form the detonation may not destroy armored or hardened targets, but it will flatten everything else. The neutron bomb has a 100% kill ratio within the 700 meter blast radius.

So why use them? Simply put, the resulting radioactive collateral damage dissipates quickly, usually 24 to 48 hours after detonation.

Well, How about the Neutron bomb..

You would think it is just talk, but at a local nuclear plant the Rads went way up because they were radiating hydrogen in the lines and siphoning it off for just such a known weapon. Gas does not shield and asorb like a fluid does. Yah, I ain't sayin more. I signed a paper. Of course I might grow to like prison. I hear the food has gotten better.

Kill the infestation of Unhappy people with rags on thier heads, equipment is allright, oil flows under new management.</font>

shawnspeed
02-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Have had C5's or 130's flying in their training vfr by my home the past couple of weeks as well... very similar to what they were doing right before invading Iraq. It appears to be low level as they are shaking me outa' bed, and scaring the hell outa' the cows.

3 Phase Lightbulb
02-01-2006, 11:33 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shawnspeed:
they are shaking me outa' bed, and scaring the hell outa' the cows. </font>

Holy Cow, How many cows do you sleep with? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//wink.gif

Dawai
02-01-2006, 11:39 AM
There is one airplane in Atlanta at Lockheed. Dobbins AFB.

That thing dwarfs the C130s.. anyone know what that thing is? it's tail is 2 times taller. It's nose looks like the russian job that swivels up. I first thought it was the spruce goose. HUGE. (I have never saw the goose in person) I was about 1/2 mile or more away from this one.

They have had a C130 flying by computer making a loop over my area for about 20 years or more now. So I'm told, it goes over with smoke trailing. It won't be long a pilot won't be needed.

Dawai
02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
3ph, don't knock cows.. I remember when the hippies would claw through the cow manure looking for the mushrooms. They had to get up early in the morning before the sun dried the patties up. They'd eat them right there without washing them.

I like cows, got a platter of steaks for tonight. I just don't like dealing with farm animals. Some of them just work you to death.

Henry ford didn't like them either, we ended up with a replacement for Horses.

DR
02-01-2006, 12:55 PM
"but tonight I heard how our economy is booming, millions of jobs created, "

In case this hasn't been addressed yet...the economy MAY not be booming. Granted we are in the longest sustained non-recession period in modern history. But....

Consumer debt is at an all time high, savings rate is at it's lowest since the depression in the 1930's.

All those bills have to come due sometime. Can you say "major slowdown in consumer spending at some time in the near future"?

Not to mention the debt each person in the USA owes due to the idiot's dumb assed invasion of Iraq. The amount each of us owes is between $3000 to $10000 per person (depending on which economist you believe). Yes, that's how much the war will cost. Do any of you think it's worth the cost? If so, mail a check to Uncle Sam to cover my share of the debt.

Geez, didn't Shrub come into office with a budget surplus???

Sandy H
02-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Could it be the Antonov 225?

http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=389

The nose doesn't swivel, but by definition, it is huge!

Sandy.

Dawai
02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Galaxy? (they won't let me steal a picture)
I think this is it. I remember the tail looking like a big football field up there in the air.

Hell, I am just a georgia hillbilly. I was gawkin. You should've seen me when I saw some real tall buildings the first time.

[This message has been edited by David E Cofer (edited 02-01-2006).]

[This message has been edited by David E Cofer (edited 02-01-2006).]

BillH
02-01-2006, 01:35 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mcgyver:
Money doesn't buy you hapiness, but it does give you the time and resources to find and do those things that make you happy, whether that's a lathe, taking shots in the driveway with your kid or a 160' yacht or whatever. There may be some miserable rich but imo its pretty much assured if you're poor, why else the daily struggle to keep food in the fridge and the gas turned on?

[This message has been edited by Mcgyver (edited 02-01-2006).]</font>

Those are good points, I just never expirienced that before, I grew up with money, money has never been an issue as far as utilities, school, medical, and a roof over my head, I still had to make my own money for my hobbies of course, otherwise I'd have a Haas mini mill instead of a HF micro mill. Yep everyone has a slightly different perspective on life.

lynnl
02-01-2006, 01:43 PM
There is one airplane in Atlanta at Lockheed. Dobbins AFB.

That thing dwarfs the C130s.. anyone know what that thing is? it's tail is 2 times taller. It's nose looks like the russian job that swivels up. I first thought it was the spruce goose. HUGE. (I have never saw the goose in person) I was about 1/2 mile or more away from this one.

They have had a C130 flying by computer making a loop over my area for about 20 years or more now. So I'm told, it goes over with smoke trailing. It won't be long a pilot won't be needed.</font>

Might've been an old C-124. Maybe they pulled some out of the 'boneyard' in Arizona.
Here's a picture of one. They're huge.

http://www.nhpeas.ang.af.mil/History/1968.htm

aboard_epsilon
02-01-2006, 02:13 PM
one of these perhaps

http://www.engineering.swan.ac.uk/pictures/aero_pg_15.jpg

all the best.mark

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 02-01-2006).]

3 Phase Lightbulb
02-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Money is the most worthless material possession I've ever owned. You can't really do anything with it except exchange it for something else.

spope14
02-01-2006, 03:06 PM
That airbus is one truly ugly aircraft!!!!!
One has to wonder if the fuel used by that would power three planes 2/3 the size, thus more cargo delivered. That was one thing I read about some military aircraft, and even some civilian transport aircraft. Tthe biggest ones were so fuel inefficient that it was better to send smaller ones, and more cargo could be delivered for the fuel cost and milage as a result.

Ah heck, Lord knows so many hate Bush. before him, many people bashed Billary, and Bush before him. The last truly popular President was Geo. Washington.

aboard_epsilon
02-01-2006, 03:19 PM
That thing passes over my house now and again...
as I live about 20 miles from the airbus factory.
it's amazing how slow it go's ..seems like less that 100 mph.at least it looks like that....well it looks like 50 mph now I think about it ....but I know thats impossible
The whole thing drones like an airship...not the usual jet engine sound at all...sounds like a leaf blower.
so maybe it was constructed for economy maybe.

all the best.mark

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 02-01-2006).]

Dawai
02-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Okay, as a update..

President Bush was in Nashville. The copters came from the Southeast and went to the North west..

I'm betting he was on a copter. Full escort. Or just a presence of Firepower.

I plan on emailing him later and telling him I got all my affairs in order.. ha ha.. Ate a big piece of pie and ice cream, had sex with the wife.. got it all ready in case of trouble.

I don't remember seeing ****hook thou, the last ones did beat the air rather hard thou. Don't he ride in a dual prop job?

Rustybolt
02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Dave. My wifes first husband was Cuban. She still has contact with his mother.(he is no longer with us)We have had her over on numerous occaisions. She is the reason I have no use for socialism in any of it's forms.
This little woman worked two jobs for most of her adult life so that she could 'buy' her family out of Cuba.She slipped out on a fishing boat. She manages to get her mother,grandmother, three sisters. one brother and two uncles out of Cuba for an average of $10,000.00 dollars US apeice.Payable to the Cuban government.Her father elected to stay in the village where he grew up and one brother was of military age and had to stay.
Say what you want about capitalism, but with a passport(what is it? a photograph and 20 bucks?) and an airline ticket I can go anywhere I want.

Your Old Dog
02-01-2006, 06:07 PM
If we're gonna go there than I have something to say also.

An open letter to the President:

Dear W,
Thank you. As an American who would like to think of our country as one of honor, integrity, pride, justice and courage I feel you have served as a good role model for those who choose to see. America's image is starting to come up in the world as a country that means what it says. I think you make us strong as a nation when you tell the world what we are going to do and then choose to do it and not renig. Little countrys that would like to back us have a lot to consider if we say we are going to exert a presence in an area to stabilize it and then turn tale and run. I suspect in the near future that will play an important role in our standing in the world. As for our standing in the world, I don't mind if we are the dominant power. I can't think of any other country I would rather trust with honor. Hopefully you and your successor will keep us strong enough that we won't have to worry about China taking over that honor.

I admire the courage you have shown and the class you try to lend to the office of President by not telling the Democrats in Congress and the Senate to go pound salt, we are at war and will exercise all the powers your predessors have used in prosecuting the war. It's also pretty classy when you defend the medias right to ask stupid accusational questions when maybe you should be asking them in a public forum who's side they are on. You could be telling the media that the call screening is not of American citizens but rather, American citizens CONVERSING WITH OUR POTENTIAL COMBATANTS IN THE MIDDLE EAST. There is a differance and most rational Americans know that. It's pityful that you can only repeat the same sentances in front of the media because any off the cuff remark gets blown out beyond all sense of proportion. We are a nation at war and the liberal movement has done everything in their power to discredit you and the nation you represent thereby making us look weak to our enemies and strengthening their resolve to kill us all.

I'm okay with the fact you aren't giving away the store. It's okay with me if those without are asked to work for their share of this countrys bounty. It wasn't too many years ago that the county I live in paid a Winter gas bill for me when it was about to be shut off. I understand and appreciate help but prefer as most Americans to go it on my own or AT LEAST MAKE THE EFFORT.

I don't mind that you are just a man. It's okay with me. I've made my share of mistakes in life so I feel compelled to try and understand that you can make them too. Actually W, I think you've done a nearly perfect job. Do something meaningful with our Southern Border and we'll be bud's for life. Do it soon because the keys to the office are about to be turned over to those who I believe will not have your inner strenght and will cave to liberal media demands that we abandon our effort for peace as the price is too high.

I'm from an old Democratic family gone Republican. My family has always supported our nation and its leaders at war and will continue to do so until our last breath.

Respectfully,
Ray Swan (aka Your Old Dog) Just another soul who believes in his country.

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 02-01-2006).]

Dawai
02-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Rusty:

I love our country. I dislike the problems it has since it has diverted from the true intent of the founding fathers to protect it's free goverment from corruption by a strong and active citizen base.

A goverment that is afraid of it's citizens is a corrupt goverment. Just look at the metal detectors in the court houses.

Here locally it shows in school funds being stolen, people applying for Katrinia aid who were nowhere around it and corrupt police.

Somedays I think Nathan Bedford Forrest needs to come forth from the grave and do a little night-riding.

Screw Cuba, we should've over ran them in the 60's when we had the Kennedy in office that left our CIA on the beaches all alone. Wihtout help. I think that got him killed thou. A coffin was carried in the streets of Cuba with JOHN KENNEDY's name on the lid weeks before he was assasinated.

We helped put Fidel into power. Explain that to me.

By the way, I was six when John Kennedy got shot.

wierdscience
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
WS, hey, I never said anything about Kerry. I can't stand any of those "Paid Political Puppets. They just do what they're told. I am not affiliated with any political party. It just burns my ass when I see just how many people DO worship those ..........people!</font>

Millman,I think Bush is doing the best he can with what he has to work with.After all,look around,half the population doesn't care what happens until it's something bad and them need someone to blame.

Bush has done things I didn't like,but considering the alternative....

Basically we have just two choices every cycle,rotten sob A or rotten sob B,take your pick.

Each president that comes along always gets blamed for at least some of the mess from the previous one,the so called Bush ressesion is a good example.The ressesion was caused by the .com's going toes up which was inevitable since they had no soild assets and were top loaded heavy(overvalued)by the're stockholders.This mess wasn't anything abnormal,it's happened many times in the past(think the roaring 20's)what was different were the changes made to the SEC's regs reguarding accounting proceedures,this also dovetailed with the ENRON and Tyco scandals.

More later,I got to run to HomeDepot........

Dawai
02-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Nafta and other concessions prove the politicians are not our friends. Allowing people to profit from Illegal aliens is another.

There should be import taxes levied to keep americans working here in america. I know it would suck not being able to buy cheap chinese stuff, but it would level the playing field.

The hall lobbiests should be ran out of washington dc. They are the problems I think, The politicians should listen to thier public, not a paid person sliding a envelope under the table.

We live in the best country in the world. I would not go anywhere else in the world. I want to live and die of old age here of natural causes.

we have lived in the golden age, a more wealthy time than our parents enjoyed. It is not far from the end. When you consider in 73 a hours wages bought me 3 gallons of gas, nowadays I can buy ten, more if you include my retirement and paid insurances.

We just need a tune-up.

hsmike
02-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Your old dog.
Great letter, wish I could have written it, I'd sure as hell sign it.
On a side note: Don't you like it when the media takes a poll of 1000 people and that represents the whole country.....

Mike

Dawai
02-01-2006, 10:32 PM
To hear the television, The queer cowboy movie is the best ever made.

SInce I ain't gonna watch it, I guess the high percentage that gives it high marks is "YOU GUYS".

Something tells me surveys are fabricated to swing the sheep to thinking like the herd.

ha ha..

Millman
02-01-2006, 11:12 PM
I was only trying to make the point that people pay attention to whoever is in charge and fails to question the people in charge. As soon you do not question or protest the wrongs; you have comitted yourselves to tyranny. I worship NO human. I will never sell out to people who are wrong. How many more young men will die in the quest for world, oil domination? Now that is something to ponder!

wierdscience
02-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I was only trying to make the point that people pay attention to whoever is in charge and fails to question the people in charge. As soon you do not question or protest the wrongs; you have comitted yourselves to tyranny. I worship NO human. I will never sell out to people who are wrong. How many more young men will die in the quest for world, oil domination? Now that is something to ponder!</font>

First,the idea of an OIL cartel conspiracy is akin to Jim Jones cult maina.People belive it and drink the coolaid because they have no other logical explaination to fall back on.
Oil companies are in business to make money the same as any other business.Oil executives are responsible to produce a profit for the stockholders they represent same as any other business.

But,ever since the Rockefeller days there have been rumors of price gouging,conspiracy,witchcraft you name it simply because people who are not oil executives are just as greedy and jealous as the oil barrons they dispise,hypocrits if you will.

Even now it is the same as it was then,jealous,emotional hypocrits not thinking in realistic terms.

When Rockefeller began aquiring and accumilating companies that would one day form Standard oil people immeadiately began complaining.Some where his former compitition,some where his direct competitors.The former were just jealous hypocrits driven blind by the're own greed,the latter were the beginings of special intrests.

At this moment in American history something changed.Trust legislation became all the rage and the socialist nanny state we suffer under today was born.The government decided that we should be protected from the robber barrons of industry by breaking up the trusts.Only problem was the trusts were the very underpinings of modern capitalism.

Before Rockefeller the price of heating oil was $.19/gallon,after Rockefeller it was $.09/gallon,so what did the goverment protect us from?More affordable energy,home heating that people could more easily afford?

Flash forward to the present.20 years ago I was paying $1.37/gallon for regular gas.3 years ago I was still paying $1.37-1.40/gallon.Name one product that was uneffected by inflation for 20 years.

Did anyone really expect that gas would stay at $1.xx/gallon forever even thou it is impossible to do so?Reality simply doesn't bear out the fantasy presented by liberal socialist tripe.

Now we have the myth of "peak oil"it's nothing new,that flawed theory has been around since the very first well drilled in Pennsylvania over a 100 years ago.It is a bogus crock.

Currently we import 50% of our supply from overseas,that means 50% of our oil comes from DOMESTIC production.20% of our supply comes from OPEC which includes Vennisuala(only memeber of OPEC in the western hemisphere).Foolishly we have let the enviromentalist,leftist,green nazis restrict drilling off the Eastern seaboard from New Jersy down to Southern Florida,also off the West Coast.And more recently in ANWAR.Any one of those three sources would replace the 20% we import from OPEC for the next 60+Years.

Yes there is an oil conspiracy and yes there are oil barrons,they are leftist,activist,enviromentist,green nazi nitwits that have hijacked our oil supply and our energy policy.

The WORLD oil market consists of 1,856 corporations and goverment sponsors.Oil is traded on the WORLD financial markets on a hour by hour basis.Reserve supplies are kept low and in lock step with refining capacity(this is a good thing,reduces evaporation loss and spills)the down side is any disruption in supply results in oil trading higher(supply and demand)remember oil like many things is subject to the fear in present in the market.

Okay,yes prices are up,I explained why,now lets look at profits.Yes oil companies are making record profits,but so are the investors.The investors are you and me,anyone who owns stock in the oil companies,anyone invested in many trust funds and very many state and private pension funds and retirement funds.My state's empolyee retirement fund benifits to retires indexed up 16% this year,despite Katrina and nearly all of it was due to the fact that the fund had over $2bil invested in oil stocks.

Finally it is silly that people in this country complain about the price of a gallon of gas.I bought a gallon of milk on the way home and it cost $3.45,I also bought $2.25/gallon gasoline.That galon of gas will allow me in my truck,driving the way I do to travel 28 miles at 70mph,amazing isn't it?That gallon of fuel will move me,my tools and a 2600lb truck 28 miles and do it fairly quick.Yet we bitch and moan.

I hear complaints about home heating oil,before oil we had fireplaces and wood stoves in houses with no insulation.Now we still have wood,lots of it in fact,we also have insulation and we also have the ability to effect market forces and drive heating cost down(supply and demand,read up on it)

We COULD have more clean,efficent hydro power,but eco-wacks say it's not enviromentaly friendly enough.

We COULD have clean,efficent nuclear power,but emotional coolaid drinkers ground that to a halt too(Carter helped,look up nuclear reprosessing ban)

We COULD have modern clean coal plants which other countries have,but we don't because nobody wants it in thre're backyard(NIMBY'S)so technological advancement has halted in this country.

We COULD be buying clean cheap natural gas for pennies,but still nobody wants an LNG terminal 75 miles off the're coasts(there were two planned here,but Greenpeace put the breaks on that)

We COULD use more wind power,but turns out they kill birds so that's out too.

Yep,sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Recently I read an activist claiming that solar panels may actually be increasing the effects of global warming,guess the're out next.

All the while this is happening,American industry is being lost.We haven't built a refinery here in 30 years,we haven't built any new neclear plants in nearly that long.All the industries that provide materials,tools and JOBS to those projects are gone with them.Then people bitch when countries like China which are still friendly to industry are taking over our economy.You know,you might still be able to buy a NEW American made lathe,mill or even side grinder if it weren't for our own people's ****ty attitude.

The War on Terror is next,stay tuned http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Millman
02-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Sounds like you are getting your reports same place I am. What kind of proof do you have, other than news reports? Hell, Anyone can quote statistics. Then again..........that's just another man's opinion.

wierdscience
02-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Well the sources are all over the internet,both private and government.My cousin is a Shell corporate accountant,many interesting conversations there,and I do build things for the oil industry,thou they are getting fewer in number as refineys close and that industry also moves offshore also.

Many people dimiss the facts because it's more comfortable for them to believe what they want.

If you want a good economic indicator,look at entertainment.

If the economy were really that bad would you-

#1 see football stadiums packed to capacity every Sunday with people paying $50+ per seat?
#2 see people lined up at the gas station,quicky mart,liquor store to buy lottery tickets?(taxes people smile while they are paying)

#3 see 5,000sq ft woodwasters going up STILL?

#4 see casinos full to capacity in Hurricane ravaged Mississippi and New Orleans?(yup,all those poor,homeless people sure can gamble)

#5 see Mexicans streaming in to $12/hr manual jobs that AMERICANS won't touch?(happening here,need a roofer? If you speak spanish you can get one for $10/hr)

#6 see all those poor,displaced hurricane victims unable to return home,still sleeping in motels even thou THERE IS HOUSING within easy driving distance of the're homes/jobs that need them?

The list goes on and on.

Oh,BTW,in case you haven't guessed,most of the MSM bull s--- about Katrina relief is just that,Bull.I can expound on that too if you are interested.

TECHSHOP
02-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Sorry I took me longer to think about this than usual.

War is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that:

Historically our (American) national identity has been defined culturally by the heritage of western civilazation and politically by the principles of the American Creed on which we (Americans) overwhelmingly agree: liberty, democracy, individualism, equality before the law, constitutionalism, private property.

In the late twentieth century both components of our (American) identity have come under concentrated and sustained onslaught from a small but influential number of intellectuals and publicists. In the name of multiculturalism they have attacked the identification of the United States with western civilation, denied the existence of a common American culture, and promoted racial, ethic, and other subnational cultural identities and groupings.

The multicultural trend was also manifested in a variety of legislation that followed the civil rights acts of the 1960's, and in the 1990's the Clinton administration made the encouragement of diversity one of its major goals. The current adminstration has continued this trend. The contrast with the past is striking. The Founding Fathers saw diversity as a reality and as a problem: hence the national motto, e pluribus unum, chosen by a committe of the Continental Congress consisting of Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams. Later political leaders who were fearful of the dangers of racial, sectional, ethnic, economic, and cultural diversity (which, indeed, produced the largest war of the century between 1815 and 1914), responded to the call of "bring us together," and made the promotion of national unity their central responsibility. "The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing as a nation at all," warned Theodore Roosevelt, "would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities." In the 1990's, however, the leaders of the United States have not only permitted that but assiduously promoted the diversity rather than the unity of the people they govern.

The multiculturalists also challenged a central element of the American Creed, by substituting for the rights of individuals the right of groups, defined largly in terms of race, ethnicity, sex, and sexual preference. The Creed, Gunnar Myrdal said in the 1940's, reinforcing the comments of foreign observers dating fron Hector ST. John de Crevecoeur and Alexis de Tocqueville, hsa been "the cement in the structure of this great and disparate nation." "It has been the fate of our nation," Richard Hofstader agreed, "not to have ideologies but to be one." What happens then to the United States if that ideology is disavowed by a significant portion of its citizens? The fate of the Soviet Union, the other major country whose unity, even more than that of the United States, was defined in ideolgical terms is a sobering example for us (Americans).

Political principles are a fickle base on which to build a lasting community, what's at stake is nothing less than personal autonomy, our capacity to empower ourselves so that we may choose the course of our life rather than have it choosen for us by others.

The power on the left fights the power on the right;
The power on the right fights the power on the left:
Both are failing to do anything but feed their own egos while lining their own pockets. For either side to actually "solve" anything is against their own interests.

Man, I hope I got all that right, I "lost" it the first time I typed. I think I remembered enough to have it make sense.

------------------

Duct Taper
02-02-2006, 02:28 PM
TECHSHOP you got it right. You must have read some of Teddy Roosevelt's stuff.

glenj
02-02-2006, 06:14 PM
An interesting article on the US and thus world economy. Pretty scary stuff.

http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/world/article.jsp?content=20050307_101541_101541

Millman
02-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Damn Glen, almost wish I had not read that one. Thanks

wierdscience
02-02-2006, 08:16 PM
It's not nearly as bad as they say,they also didn't mention Clinton's budget "cuts",they wern't really cuts,he jst didn't spend as much as he wanted too http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

I do think we need to bring ALL the social programs to an end once and for all.Put the earnings cap back on Social security(yet another Clinton fiasco)set it at a living wage and anyone earning more than that per year no longer is eligabile for benifits.

Your Old Dog
02-02-2006, 09:09 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wierdscience:
If you want a good economic indicator,look at entertainment.

If the economy were really that bad would you-

#1 see football stadiums packed to capacity every Sunday with people paying $50+ per seat?
#2 see people lined up at the gas station,quicky mart,liquor store to buy lottery tickets?(taxes people smile while they are paying)

#3 see 5,000sq ft woodwasters going up STILL?

#4 see casinos full to capacity in Hurricane ravaged Mississippi and New Orleans?(yup,all those poor,homeless people sure can gamble)

#5 see Mexicans streaming in to $12/hr manual jobs that AMERICANS won't touch?(happening here,need a roofer? If you speak spanish you can get one for $10/hr)

#6 see all those poor,displaced hurricane victims unable to return home,still sleeping in motels even thou THERE IS HOUSING within easy driving distance of the're homes/jobs that need them?

The list goes on and on.</font>

Yea, things are so bad EVERY restaurant that ain't poisening it's patrons is doing a standing room only business for the past two years. Things are really tough http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Very nicely worded Tech and Weird. Sure is comforting to hear other Americans talking this way.