PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs Rubberflex Collet Chuck Wanted

qpens
12-04-2002, 09:41 AM
Hi,
Does anyone have a Jacobs Rubberflex Collet Chuck that will fit a 1-1/2 X 8tpi spindle that they would like to sell. I see a lot of chucks but am having trouble finding one that will fit my lathe...and yes I did see the one that just closed on ebay last night. I got home too late to bid on it.
Thanks,
Michael

lynnl
12-04-2002, 10:10 AM
All of those I've seen on ebay were for spindle taper mounts. I've wondered if those mounts were separate backplates that could be replaced by a threaded mount, or were integral to the chuck itself.
Was that one you missed out on a threaded mount?

Lynn

qpens
12-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Yes, it was a threaded mount. It is only the second one that I've seen on Ebay. There must be a lot of people out there with the same spindle as I have based on the large number of bids.
I'm still hoping one will turn up on this list.
Michael

John Foster
12-04-2002, 04:31 PM
I took one of the small taper mount chucks and made an adapter to 1 1/2 X 8 spindle and it works fine. You turn the raper on your spindle so you know it runs true. John

MikeHenry
12-04-2002, 08:47 PM
There seem to be a lot of Jacobs Rubberflex collets and chucks on eBay - several a week, anyway. I've seen a couple in the last two months. Keep looking and yours will turn up sooner or later.

Here's one with a straight shank that you could probably use in a 4-jaw chuck, if you get desperate:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1922951031

You might try contacting the seller as he seems to have been auctioning off several Jacobs chucks lately. Maybe he's got one that hasn't been listed yet.

Mike, near Chicago