PDA

View Full Version : .dwg to .jpg conversion

Wirecutter
08-17-2001, 03:52 AM
Another trick that I've used with nearly any WinBlows program (on Win2000 and WinXP, others may work):

ctrl-alt-PrintScr will capture the image of the active window to the clipboard. Open Microsoft Paint and Edit-Paste the image into Paint. You can then save it as a ".bmp" file and convert it from there.

Some programs override this somehow. For those, Alt-PrintScr will capture the entire screen to the clipboard, which can then be pasted into Paint.

I know it's gross, and not precisely what you're trying to do, but I've done this in a pinch a number of times just so I could show what I was seeing to someone else.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8no8e/sample1.jpg

3jaw
08-17-2001, 08:46 AM
I forgot about exporting the drawing as a .bmp file and then converting it to a .jpg. (Slaps self on forehead!!!) Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Greg

3jaw
03-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I need to convert some Autocad drawings to .jpg format so they can be posted on a bbs as an image. Is there any good free software out there that will do this? Is there another way to post a .dwg without first converting it?

Thanks,

Greg

tattoomike68
03-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I had to "save as" a .DFX then import that to paint shop pro, then export it as a .JPG

thats the way I have to do it.

jkilroy
03-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Menu choices, File then Export will allow you to create a JPG directly from autocad.

sailor69
03-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I do cad-cam modeling and I use a viewing software ( 3d VIEW ) I can print from there and I am pretty sure I can save as a JPEG file. Check out 3d VIEW on the web and see if you can download a trial program.How big a file do you have? I may be able to translate to you and send it back if you wish

pgp001
03-03-2006, 04:24 PM
You can save as a BMP file by using the BMPOUT command, then convert to JPG with any free file convertor.

Phil

PS There is a superb free file viewer called "e-drawings" which can be downloaded from the SolidWorks website

pgp001
03-03-2006, 04:24 PM
You can save as a BMP file by using the BMPOUT command, then convert to JPG with any free file convertor.

Phil

PS There is a superb free file viewer called "e-drawings" which can be downloaded from the SolidWorks website

3jaw
03-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Bump

tattoomike68
03-06-2006, 01:46 PM
paintshop pro has a good screen capture feature , Im supprised photoshop does not have that!

Mcruff
03-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Most BBS software will let you save as BMP or Gif and most decent CAD software has an export that will let you save them in either of those 2 forms.

webowser
03-06-2006, 06:16 PM
I've been using free software that I got here:
http://www.pdf995.com/pdfedit.html for producing PDF files from AutoCAD drawings that works very well.

Bill

nheng
03-06-2006, 07:02 PM
I'll 2nd the .pdf printer for drawings. You can zoom and pan around in them instead of squinting down to the last pixel. Den

gmatov
03-07-2006, 01:32 AM
I may be wrong, here. If I am, it's because I can't see a way around it.

When I scan anything, be it a letter, in B&W or a photo, and try to save as a JPG in PSP, it always comes out larger than the scan, because PSP has a native res of 24 bit color. HUGE files.

If you wish to post these files, find some other graphics program, unless the recipient has fat pipes.

I have to see if Corel Draw will do better, or Adobe.

Cheers,

George