PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal occurrence, OT, but real

Dawai
08-17-2001, 07:07 AM
I did good till the honor guard gave me the Flag. Sentimental fool I am I blubbered like a child then.

Military did a excellent job, crisp, synchonized movements. I spoke to them before they unloaded the casket, they would not look at me, nor answer me. I thanked them all anyway.

I inherited a flag and a goverment model 45. Seems Dad paid a enourmous sum of $112? for it. That was when people made .50 a hour in the foundry.

A "Cofer" from the 101'st came down to oversee the service. He is a machinist from Northern Tennessee. I invited him down to play with my cnc/shop, he is out of touch a tad on modern machines, his eyes went a hue when I told him of our HOME shop projects, a sparkle came up.
Cold blue eyes, His son is in Iraq. Seems he is a good man.

I will have to build a case for the flag, and the 200 year old indian blanket I got. I suck at working wood into pretty things. Hell I suck at making pretty metal tools too. I make them to use.

THEY sell for $250 on ebay, seems to be a good thing to make for people and sell. Just taking them around the funeral homes would be all right.

[This message has been edited by David E Cofer (edited 08-17-2001).]

Dawai
03-02-2006, 09:03 AM
My Father passed away, probably yesterday. He was laying dead in his bathroom.

See this post, no bull****, No exageration, for real.
www.metalillness.com (http://www.metalillness.com)
http://www.bbssystem.com/viewtopic.php?t=749
<cut and pasted from site, yesterday>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:26 am Post subject: Strange day... Reply with quote
This is the strangest day I have ever had in my life, things moving around me. Books flying off shelves, pages turning on notebooks, both ways.. My hair is sticking straight up like buckwheats.

NO luck on the shop computer.. I can't even get it to boot on the floppy, once it starts up, it changes the bios to boot from hard drive. I am fixin ta pull that hard drive completely out..

<END CUT and paste>

I am allright, Kinda wet eyed and sad. He was 84 or 85? Born in Rockwood Tn. to Coal miners in a mining camp. I just told my wife, she is tore up.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/ibewgypsie/Dscn1273.jpg

railfancwb
03-02-2006, 09:08 AM
My thoughts are with you during this trying time, David.

cuemaker
03-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I am sorry for your loss.

Your Old Dog
03-02-2006, 09:19 AM
David, sorry to hear of your Fathers passing. I wish you and your family strength to get thru these times of grief.

garyphansen
03-02-2006, 09:23 AM
I am sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you. Gary P. Hansen

Tinkerer
03-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Dave sorry to hear about your Dads passing. He's headed to much better place. Seems like he's trying to get your attention before he goes.

[This message has been edited by Tinkerer (edited 03-02-2006).]

lynnl
03-02-2006, 09:30 AM
David, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My sympathies and hope for peace and comfort to you and your family.

Lynn

Wirecutter
03-02-2006, 09:36 AM
David -
I'm very sorry for your loss. My pop passed a little more than 10 years ago. It was a tough time. Best recommendation I can make is to take comfort with those you love and that love you. Be well.

-Mark

cam m
03-02-2006, 09:41 AM
David
I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.
Cam

Evan
03-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Take care David. Give your wife a hug.

Kansas_Farmer
03-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Sorry to hear that sir. You and your's will be included in my prayers.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//frown.gif

Mcgyver
03-02-2006, 10:49 AM
sorry to hear that David. been there, know the pain.

IOWOLF
03-02-2006, 10:52 AM
David , I know how you must feel,and am sorry for you.

Any thing in the will for ya'. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//wink.gif

That was meant to make you smile.

------------------
The tame Wolf !

greywynd
03-02-2006, 11:01 AM
David, I too am sorry to hear about your loss. Chances are you may not see many of these for a few days, I would imagine a lot of things other than on here will be on your mind and requiring your time.

Make sure that you stop and look after yourself and your family the next while too, sometimes it's easy to push oneself beyond their limits when events such as this go on.

Mark

Dawai
03-02-2006, 11:16 AM
IO:
I got a stepbrother, when we were young, he told his mom he was going to jump off the Market street bridge if she didn't buy him a corvette. She did. (I'd gave my kid some swimming trunks.) I didn't have any use for the spoiled teenager, I still don't. He gives me a wide berth, never been within arms reach. No brotherly love there.

We get to deal with him, He is a alcoholic, everything goes up his nose or out his bladder. We get to tell him about the Will, and then educate him. He gets the house, not my dads retirement, bank account and gun collection. Prearranged, but he wants it all. SO, Look out. Younger brother is a vet, just bought a 13shot 45 and the nutso one of us brothers. I have problems, he has chapters. He is the Mean-one of us brothers, but untrained in discipline and religion. The two go hand in hand or you go to prision. Meaning compassion, care ,stealth and ruthlessness. Minor things have a way of escalating.

Bad topic: I pray everyone keeps thier cool and lets the attorney explain to the drunk. We don't need a group rate at the funeral home. All families have these self serving morons. I have saw "watches" being put on homes to stop the wannabe heir robberies. The probate attorneys love it when people argue, they get the most of the deal.

I got some software I am working on to get my mind off this, I just downloaded a compiler that will do, dos, windows and Linux with the same code. Seems like a good way to to go. A palm OS is similar to the old dos. A good HSM'er sent me one to play with.

Take care friends.. I'll be around in a day or two.

psomero
03-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your old man.

My grandparents are getting pretty rough these days. Up until age 73, my grandma would go hunting with grandpa and my uncle in the woods and drink beer and ride around on ATVs. Now at almost 80, she can't even ride in an airplane because her back goes crazy on her. Grandpa had to have a toe hacked off because it was rotten. They tried to clean it up three times, but it wouldn't improve. When my old man, my uncle and grandpa were in Normandy revisiting all of senior's WWII stomping grounds, he showed what was under the bandage to my dad and uncle and it was exposed bone with no flesh on it. Mind you this was BEFORE they cut anything off. Guess being one hell of a tough old bugger catches up with you one day. It hurts to think of the inevitable, but there's no avoiding it. Guess you're probably better off remembering the good times...

hitnmiss
03-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Sorry for your loss Dave.

tattoomike68
03-02-2006, 12:38 PM
I am very sad to here this, god bless you and your family.

reggie_obe
03-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your father. You have my sympathy. You are greatly missed on the other BBS, it was nice to have a trained electrician to referee disagreements.

gundog
03-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad David. Good luck with your family dealings I hope all ends well on that.
Mike

BillH
03-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Sorry for your loss Dave. Only time will heal things, probably take a lot longer to heal the settlement then anything else.

wschoenbeck
03-02-2006, 01:37 PM
David, My condolences on the loss of your Dad. My Dad passed on 5 years ago this year. Mom two years earlier. I still miss them both. Take care

Bill

jr45acp
03-02-2006, 01:55 PM
David, My Brother, I truly feel your pain and sense of loss. My Father is still with Us, but I doubt he will be around for much longer. Anyone who says shedding tears is a sign of weakness has never lost a Bro or Parent.

May God be with You and Yours,

John B

[This message has been edited by jr45acp (edited 03-02-2006).]

jkilroy
03-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Sorry to hear that David, that will be a tough time when it comes for me as well. I know what you mean about the paranormal part.

After my Grandmother passed three years ago we were sitting around in the living room and my nephew, 2 at the time, is looking over the back of the couch. He waves and says "Bye Bye Granny". The little tyke had not even been to the funeral nor had anyone spoken to him about her passing. At another time at my parents house the same little tyke was sitting on the front Porch with my mother and I and he was looking in the front window. He waived and said "Bye Bye Jan". The house my parents own was built by the parents of Jan, whom we have never met, seeing that she is burried under the oak tree out back and died shortly before the civil war. She carved her initials into one of the first floor windows with her wedding ring and they are still there.

I think our adult concept of reality blocks out our ability to percieve lots of things around us. The little children have not had there minds corrupted yet and are still able.

pcarpenter
03-02-2006, 04:19 PM
David-- I am so very sorry. I will be praying for you.

I still have my father but lost my grandfather who was an amazing man at age 90 in 2001. After his passing, I read something in an Our Daily Bread (a devotional) on Father's Day that talked about the importance of our dad's to us as men. The author said upon the loss of his father, while looking out the window at a mountain that had always been there, his feeling was no less changed than if that mountain suddenly was removed one day. We should all hug them while we still have them. Whew....I think I need a kleenex.

Furnace
03-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Sorry for your loss. My dad died the day after my 19th birthday. 11 years ago this May and its still hard to deal with sometimes.

Rustybolt
03-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad. They're hard to lose.

Family at time like this can be more vicious than strangers.

You and your wife have my deepst sympathies.

crews1
03-02-2006, 06:25 PM
My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

turn2pb
03-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Dave,

Sorry to hear about your loss of your Dad.

Brent

Bob-O
03-02-2006, 06:32 PM
David,
Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I lost my Dad this past July. My thoughts are with you.
Bob

nheng
03-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Dave, Sorry about your dad. Savor whatever moments you had with him and don't get caught up in the family stuff more than you have to.

Unless there's a lot at stake, you can sleep a lot easier by just letting others bicker over it ... if it comes to that.
Den

newhobby
03-02-2006, 06:44 PM
I am definitely not into 'ghosts, spirits, mediums, etc.' but as a child I could never shake the feeling I had a 'brother' somewhere I had never seen or talked to. (I had a living younger sister at the time). Years later in my early twenties I told my Mom about this feeling, and she told me she had miscarried in a late term pregnancy before I was born, and lost a male child. He would have been the "older brother". Stranger Than Fiction!??!
I've lost both my Mom and Dad in the last 10 years. Not easy to handle losing good parents. Remember the good times and the good things they taught you.

[This message has been edited by newhobby (edited 03-02-2006).]

dicks42000
03-02-2006, 06:49 PM
David;
My condolences as well, sorry to hear of your loss. Our fathers are a link to our immediate past, and hopefully an example to. So soon do we all become just a name on a family tree.
I still get to use some of my fathers machinists tools on a daily basis. Spirits ? Who knows.....Maybe he inhabits the big old lathe I bought.
Rick

torker
03-02-2006, 07:20 PM
David...dang, I'm sorry to hear that!
My Dad was my hero...died on my 14th birthday at 46 years old.
I'm happy that you had a long time to know your Father. You are very lucky!
We all wish you the best!
Russ

moldmonkey
03-02-2006, 07:37 PM
David,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Jon

Dawai
03-02-2006, 07:44 PM
My 6 month old grand daughter just left, Her sparkly blue eyes, her lil hand wrapped up in my grey beard pulling for all she was worth. I think she got a handfull loose.

My son is still a moron. He still don't have a trade. I guess people said that about me being construction trash too. At least he is not a crank head or doper like a lot of the young boys. I wish him the best, but feel he has made a mistake fathering a child before he could properly support one.

ricksplace
03-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss David. It's the guys like us with the big hearts that hurt the most. Hug your wife and kids and that nutty dog.

My mother died of cancer almost 20 years ago. She endured incredible pain and suffering without a single complaint. She was the strongest woman I have ever met. We were very close. I didn't believe in the paranormal either, but she visited me shortly after she died to tell me she was in a far better place where there was no pain, and not to feel sorry for her. It sounds to me like you Dad was trying to tell you something the same.

God Bless.

Rick Jason

john hobdeclipe
03-02-2006, 08:33 PM
David,

Sorry to hear it. But he's still and always a part of you.

My Dad died 5 years ago. I'm constantly doing stuff then realizing that Dad taught me this, often without really trying to teach. I have a special shelf in one of my cabinets with his tools...tools that I remember as a little child. I recently bored some holes with his brace & bit that he had before I was born. There was something special about that! So he's gone, but he's still with me.

It'll be that way with you, as the years pass.

JimH
03-02-2006, 09:26 PM
David,
My condolences for your loss. It's rough to go through the loss of a parent, but things eventually work out. I'm still working on the eventually part for myself. Mom passed 2 months ago and she is still visiting my wife every night. Keeps her up talking about anything and everything. And so my wife keeps me awake. To make matters worse, dad past 2 weeks ago.

Take care,
Jim

Carl
03-02-2006, 09:45 PM
I only had my dad around for the first 22 years of my life. He's been gone almost 31 years now. I held his hand as he had a massive heart attack and watched him die before the ambulance could get there. We would have had a lot of common interests if he had been around longer. These common interests developed in me later after he was long gone. Hang in there David.

Dawai
03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
I appreciate everyone's sympathy and kind words.

God bless you all. Hug your kids and family.

I'm still afraid to hold my grandchild. I break things with my pickle finger mitts. I did let her tug on my beard while Carrol held her.

TECHSHOP
03-02-2006, 10:01 PM
D-E-C:

Hopefully peace will come to your griefstricken days. Your posts on your illness is what brought me to post here. I have been working at my mom's "new" house all day. Thinking that this one will probably be the last home she "owns". Strange how things operate in this world, no?

Mcostello
03-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, try to remember the good times. (Man I bet he was something)

Wingnut
03-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Dave,
My sympathies to you most of all and to those who loved your dad. Apologise to no one about your final experiences on the "strange" day. They are real, period. Have faith, brother, that there is "the other side". It is the better place for us all.
Be well. Rest easy as you can.
Will A.

Norman Atkinson
03-03-2006, 01:01 AM
David,
My sympathies go out to you and your family.

When you all come back to more normality, perhaps you should Google about the Gift of Second Sight.

Did the pictures come off the walls?

Norm

Millman
03-03-2006, 02:37 AM
Dave, sorry to hear that but you sound like a man that did learn things from your father ,such as I. My Dad died at 53, coal miner and farmer, quit school 8th grade to support the family and this guy had so much Common Sense knowledge. And yes: their spirits will always be around when they feel that WE need them. Take care. Dave

------------------
BFH

3jaw
03-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Dave,

I'm truly sorry to hear about your Dad. My Dad is 81 and when I read posts like this it puts a lump in my throat because I know that I will be dealing with this very same thing sooner than later.

My thoughts are with you.

Greg

WLW-19958
03-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi Dave,

I would like to offer my sincere condolences for your loss. I lost my father about 3 and 1/2 years ago so I think I know what you are feeling right now. I thought I was pretty much over his death until I read this thread. All those feeling came rushing back and the corners of my eyes are moist.

Good Luck and Take Care!
-Blue Chips-
Webb

[This message has been edited by WLW-19958 (edited 03-03-2006).]

RPM
03-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Dear David
What a tough day! my prayers are with you for your loss, and for your father also. He'll be having a great time whereever he is. I lost mine when I was fifteen, never the same again. God bless...
richard in Los Angeles

DancingBear
03-03-2006, 12:52 PM
David,
I, too would like to extend my condolences.

I've stood in those shoes twice recently, so I understand what you're going through.

I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

Walt

heidad01
03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad sir. You will be in my prayers.

DavidH

LES A W HARRIS
03-03-2006, 03:41 PM
David,
Condolences.
Some part of each day,You will remember him, and smile.
Les H.

Arcane
03-03-2006, 05:43 PM
David, I feel for your loss, but be thankful you had your father as long as you did. My dad died when I was 8. I really would have liked to have had a dad.

Dawai
03-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey guys, I made it through the viewing, seeing old people I didn't know. Seeing young people I didn't know.

I didn't say a word about the strange things that happened here. They all think I am nuts anyways. I don't need to foster that any further.

My Union hall didn't send flowers, My lil brothers Union hall did. Same IBEW, He is railroad IBEW, I am Ibew electrician. My wife called them up and reminded them, this was about time the office closed. Them people don't have any love for me I think. More friends here on this board than all the electricians there. They sure have not called to ask me where I am.

DFMiller
03-03-2006, 09:16 PM
David,
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope you have lots of good memories.
Take care
Dave

Evan
03-06-2006, 11:10 AM
bump

speedy
03-07-2006, 06:27 AM
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your Father, Dave.
You have a good woman to comfort you and good friends to turn to.

Ken

Alguy
03-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Sorry about your loss Dave I understand the emotions when they handed you the flag. I did the same, was fine till they handed Mom the flag then I lost it too.. only remembering the words "greatfull nation" It was last friday. My deepest sympathys and best wishes to you.
I have been reading and learning some from this board its been helpfull thanks to all that share thier knowledge to us "newbies"

Wirecutter
03-07-2006, 10:24 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by David E Cofer:
Military did a excellent job, crisp, synchonized movements. I spoke to them before they unloaded the casket, they would not look at me, nor answer me. I thanked them all anyway.
</font>

David -
It's funny what we remember. There was an honor guard at my pop's funeral as well. I remember them moving so crisply and with such precision, despite the fact that a few of them had to march through mud puddles to remain in formation.
Although they may not have seemed to acknowledge you, I'm sure they appreciate your thanks. Those guys are all about respect.
Again, sorry for your loss. I'm sure your father's spirit will live on in all who knew him. Also, best wishes for the strength of you and yours during the aftermath. I know from experience how families can go a little crazy during such times. Be well.