PDA

View Full Version : My first web site - SRVRTC Machining Program

spope14
05-21-2002, 06:49 PM
Hey, I have finally got myself into cyberspace. My kid was sick at home, I was bored, made a few calls, found I had this option with my internet company to host a free web site.

If you feel the urge, check it out, but also realize this thing is really in its infancy. There are some pics of the shop and some student activities, and some program informational things, but nothing else as of yet.

http://homepage.fcgnetworks.net/spope/

FIXED THE URL - SORRY!!!!! HOPE THIS WORKS!!!! NEW ADDITIONS RECENTLY!!!

[This message has been edited by spope14 (edited 06-02-2002).]

mike thomas
05-21-2002, 07:02 PM
Scott, I guess we will have to quit calling you spope14 now. Thanks for the tour, nice shop. If you had been here last night, I probably would have kissed you. In about 1/3 third the normal time for me, I cut an external to fit an internal thread that I had cut previously using your formula. Both look like the guy who made them, even knew what he was doing. Mike

Sprocket
05-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Nice site. Good to see a program like this thriving. It seems in too many areas High Schools are cutting programs due to lack of money/interest. The need for quality machinists won't ever end. Glad to know someone's still learning.

Thrud
05-22-2002, 06:20 AM
Scott
(about time you fessed up!)

Nice shop. You make me want to go back to school just to use the tools! You are soooo spoiled. Your students are spoiled - a faboo shop, a teacher that cares, and hosers like me to give nasty suggestions for a snap quiz.

spope14
05-22-2002, 04:10 PM
When you coming Thrud? Hey, final exams are coming, I need some real buggers for the final.

Hey All....
Just added an easier to read math reference page that includes all those thread formulas, and some other formulas. This is under construction, but will be soon done.

Thrud
05-23-2002, 01:05 AM
Scott

As you are aware, my favorite thing in life is making a student's life difficult. And it is not because the little pukes made my life difficult in school - no sir, I am not bitter. There is nothing like the joy of having a boss livid and screaming at them for being a "numb-nuts" - in front of their co-workers. Call it "Job prep 101". I have considered in depth some dillies that send chills up my spine and make me ask for my mommy. "Thurd" indeed. I'll "thurd" them...

Paul Gauthier
06-01-2002, 07:19 PM
I can't get there from here. Can't find page.

------------------
Paul G.

charlie coghill
06-01-2002, 11:39 PM
Sorry I can not get there either. Help me out. I run a machine better than I do the computer. I have threatened to fix this comp. with my hammer, what stops me is I think of the money I have invested here. Charlie

Tree
06-02-2002, 12:29 PM
For those who "can't get there from here" click on the link posted above-then when you get the screen "the page cannot be found" use your cursor to highlight everything in the address bar to the right of "spope" then hit enter. In other words get rid of the part of the address that is "/INDEX.htm" then hit enter. That should get you there.