PDA

View Full Version : local clubs

james7744
05-18-2003, 02:27 PM
I AM PRETTY NEW TO METAL WORKING, AND WAS WONDERING IF THEIR ARE ANY CLUBS, OR GROUPS IN THE FOND DU LAC, WI AREA ?

BC21OSH
05-18-2003, 02:55 PM
James,

I am in Neenah and there a few others on the board that are in Wisconsin, however I have not found any groups or clubs in our area.

Bernard

hrhoades
05-19-2003, 02:38 AM
James.
As Bernard says there are a few of us around Wisconsin I'm in Milton, but no club. Bernard has been down here and we talked machines while his very patient wife sat in the car. I would love to set up a return visit to see Bernard's shop and yours.
Hal

CompositeEngr
05-19-2003, 02:56 AM
Any of you guys going to Oshkosh by any chance?

BC21OSH
05-19-2003, 07:55 AM
You ask if we are going to Oshkosh. Neenah is just 8 miles North of Oshkosh. I work in Oshkosh. Are you refering to the EAA Airventure in Oshkosh? I went last year and spent two days there. I plan to go again this year.

Hal and I had a good visit and I enjoyed seeing his shop and talking machines.

It's OK Hal, my wife is used to it and doesn't mind, she reads or does needlework while she waits.

Bernard

CompositeEngr
05-19-2003, 01:46 PM
yeah, I was referring to the airshow.
I'm a straight shot across from Oshkosh on 21.

Lots of interesting stuff at Airventure.

BC21OSH
05-20-2003, 12:29 AM
Sure, that's aa easy drive down 21 and nice country.

Last year at Airventure the guy that is duplicating the Wright Brothers aircraft engine for the Centential flight this year had a booth there and was displaying parts of the engine as well as a completed engine. It was real interesting talking to him about that project and he had other old style aircraft engines that he had built as well.

Every so often he would fire one up and run it.

Bernard