PDA

View Full Version : new years resolutions

Alistair Hosie
12-11-2002, 06:03 PM
At this time of year when the world is on the brink of war and the suffering of all peoples affected by terrorists etc, .What new years resolutions do we need as individuals to create love peace or harmony between our fellow men and women on this earth so that we create a better place for our children and grandchildren. Or how else could we contribute, or how have we already contributed to make this world of ours a little better Alistair

mikem
12-11-2002, 08:04 PM
Since the US and Russia have made relative peace, I thought that the world would enjoy an easing of tensions. I guess that only lasted a decade or so and new radicals have come to the forefront. I don't know what will make them happy or if they think everyone should live in tents like they do.

So, for my part, I offer the best wishes to all my friends and will try to only offer positive advice this year and a Happy New year to all! Thanks--Mike.

Al Messer
12-11-2002, 09:57 PM
I resolve to keep my tools sharp and my powder dry.

yf
12-12-2002, 02:19 AM
The radical murdering scum are only happy if everyone else is suffering.

Happiness and contentment in others causes them severe emotional pain.

Thrud
12-12-2002, 03:26 AM
I will only resolve that "I AM".

I pray for peace, but as a warrior of old I am always prepared for war. I would gladly die to protect my family, my friends, my neighbors, my community, my country - from the cowards that hide behind womens skirts and the elderly. They have no honour, they will not directly oppose those they hate - they are cowards. They are little men who think of themselves as big men. But men do not act this way - animals act this way.

Remember this, the terrorists are doing exactly what religion has done thoughout history - using God as an excuse or leverage to put a few bastards in power over those who would be their "flock". It is Greed and Power that motivates them, not God. I hope someday everone will open their eyes and say "ENOUGH"!

Education is the answer, not bullets.

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 12-12-2002).]

Alistair Hosie
12-12-2002, 06:22 AM
Dave
No doubt about it these people as I said before are very cowardly not soldiers.If psyched up enough all men can prepare themselves to die,(it happened lots of times by brave men in battles past)but it's not brave in their case.
Sneaky attacks like these are not the work of decent human beings(who are too scared to face their enemy) but of scum. We must be above them and not allow our thoughts however angry we are to turn to hatred or they will have won a great victory over us.We have (in my opinion) a lot to teach these terrorists they have nothing of worth to teach anyone. That is why we should be proud of ourselves for our constraint and why they are so angry at us for our concern and humanity towards our neighbours, its pure jealousy. God bless the free Christian world . Alistair

jr45acp
12-12-2002, 07:37 AM
Al,Alistair,Thrud,et al,
I agree with all your sentiments. For what it's worth, I bid Peace, Fair Winds and Following Seas to All for the New Year!

------------------
John B

[This message has been edited by jr45acp (edited 12-12-2002).]

[This message has been edited by jr45acp (edited 12-12-2002).]

Paul Gauthier
12-12-2002, 07:49 AM
Wow Dave you shouldn't sugar coat it like that, tell us what you really think.

For my part I will not be happy until every one of the murdering bastards are dead. I want to see them tortured very slowly until almost dead and then heald and tortured again and again and again.

I once heard a fitting punishment for Bin Laden would be to give him a sex change and release him/her back among his peers.

I believe it would be perfectly acceptable if we could somehow completely sterilize that entire portion of the world.

I wish that I was able to vent my rage against them. Perhaps I will get the chance in another life.

Enough I am getting highly agitated

------------------
Paul G.

Alistair Hosie
12-12-2002, 09:43 AM
Paul don't allow yourself to get so agitated why they would enjoy knowing they have hurt you so much .
I said all along someone should fly over the whole lot of them and drop a million bars of soap on the dirty vermin ridden lot of them they would soon start running like cockroaches.
Can you imagine what heir underwear smells like. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Tibertus
12-12-2002, 12:48 PM
Thrud
Gee, I find myself in complete agreement with you on this. My/our enemies I wish them peace. I pray for them to see the error of their ways and to grasp what this hatrid is doing to their religion.
I agree that education is an answer to this problem, mostly I believe to end or slow down violence we have to teach young men how to appropriately deal with their emotions. I have nephews and nieces that have been to France several times on exchange programs. I can't praise these programs high enough. Go over walk in their shoes then THINK when someone talks crap about those other countries.
I have never been afraid of a deeply religious person. Someone that really "walks the path". Its those other idiots that I'm very afraid of.
My resolution is to continue to think for myself, not listen to pundits try to get my news from other than mainstream U.S. sources and to pray for these idots. Again, I hope they get peace in this life (I think something else is waiting for them after this life).
PEACE TO YOU ALL, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Thrud
12-13-2002, 12:41 AM
What bothers me most is that the poor (both mentally and spiritually) see little hope in their lives and it is this exact trait the that wolves (terrorists, religion) feed upon. Humans want to be told what to do and what to think. Idiots in sheeps clothes - Baaaa!

So throughout history bastards have used these traits to control the weak and take from them what they want.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but if God created everything, why would he need some pedophile to take money from you so a bunch of rich pedophiles can tell you what to do and when to do it?

And if GOD is Perfect, and made you in His/Her image - what gives you the right to say you were born in "original sin" and have to go through hell to prove yourself to GOD before you die? Fool. Open your eyes! GOD is Perfect, do you actually think GOD needs you to subject yourself to his whims to win his appoproval? "THEY that CONTROL you NEED you to BELIEVE this or their control over you fails. GOD is Love, Love is Truth.

You do not need any religion to believe in WHAT IS - just do it. You do not have to give your soul up to find GOD - GOD is the universe and everything in it, including you.

We are ALL ONE people. I AM not a sheep (and Ironicly, I am)

Alistair Hosie
12-13-2002, 04:35 PM
Dave
I am afraid I sadly have to agree with all you said,I too have had my fingers burnt by the churches in the past,which after all are poorly run by humans and are there fore susceptable to all kinds of both human errors and human failings .
I believe like you, in an all powerful god(a creator).The churches have been corrupted by mans greed from the word go and have cause great divide betwwen god and man as most people are not able to discern one from the other.I repeat what I said the people who commited these terrible crimes are evil in my opinion .
No matter what they believe this is not an act which is likely to please god.
That is not to say there are not good people among the countries with whom we are finding fault.And sadly in my opinion as I said before it seems that many innocent peoples living there will be slaughtered in our anxiety to bring abou retribution two wrongs don't make a right Alistair

Ragarsed Raglan
12-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Read an interesting/depressing article in the weekends papers about the 10 things most likely to bring about the end of human kind on earth before the end of the current century.

Nanoengineering was listed as risk number 5, GM engineering was listed at #4. Scientific experimentation that goes wrong was listed at #3 (apparently there was a genuine fear that, when the atom bomb was first detonated back in 1945, that it could cause a world wide chain reaction, the "what the heck....lets give it a go...." attitude prevailed though!)

But, the most interesting argument was that no extra terestial civilisation has made contact - because when a civilisation gets to the point of being able to make contact it manages to extinguish itself!

This reminds me of the Gnostic religion (no this is not a typo! I know there is an Agnostic belief) where the theory was that God was personified in each and every human soul ~ "so thats that then lads! no need for an organised religion if we are all our own churches!!!" It died out in the second century AD.

May 'Sinterklaus' and 'Niegre Pieet' be with you this Christmas ~ so what happened to Black Pete?

RR

Thrud
12-16-2002, 11:26 PM
RR

Did you know that when the subsurface Hydrogen bomb explosion at Bikini Atoll was tested they also worried that it would cause a fusion reaction with the tritium in the seawater? Or that the First SPACE explosion took out the entire pacific seaboard with a massive EMP generated from the blast? They told the American public that the power outages and dead radio stations was caused by SUNSPOTS.

What is even funnier is when the Aliens landed at Roswell, and they blabbed it to the press and then the pres found out and shut them up - and they eve tried the weather ballon story again a few years ago - real funny.

Any American that believes their Government is truthful to them has their heads burried in the same sand the idiots in Canada that relected the liberals do. Pathetic.

docsteve66
12-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Dave: You're mixing apples and orangeshere.
True, the gov't lies and I fault them repeated for lying. But on the A bomb- there were many who did not want the abomb to be used. But they participated in its developement. They were capable of understanding the theory and knew quiet well that no chains would occur and destroy the world. But they used fear tactics and their prestige to promulgate their legitmate opposition to the use of the a bomb.

IMHO no inventions, other than sanitary water, antibiotics, DDT havesaved more lives than the A bomb. In the Long run, antibiotics and the a-bomb may cost us more than they saved, but so far the balance is still in the antibiotics and A-Bombs favor.

The Govenrments propensity to lie to increase or gain power is another matter.

The peole who wanted to stop the use of the A-bomb may have been well intentioned, but like the government, they felt they had a higher duty to the world and thus were jusitifed in using what ever means they could to stop its use. But , like the goverment, their desire to stop the use of the a bomb did not go so far as to leave the job (thus cutting their salary to zero).

Today is about the time the wrights flew isnt it? wonder id they would have developed the airplane if they could see the future- of course, likethe Abomb, if they had not done it some one else would. A bomb and air plane were ideas whose time had arrived. Lucky for the world that hitler, japan, india, russia did not get there first. Or is it?
Steve