PDA

View Full Version : 3 in 1 machines and pipe threaders

bopsgeech
11-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Looking for project ideas for my 40" Harbor Freight brake, roll, shear machine. 'Bout killed me making return air ducts for my furnace. Am now trying to justify it's purchase.....Also, anyone know anything about the import pipe threader sets currently available from the major importers? Are they accurate? Do they last? The whole kits contain the dies, handle and pipe cutter- all at a cost below what just 1 replacement die costs from the major American manufacturer. Anybody know anything about them? Thanks!

bernie
11-11-2003, 01:58 AM
I've seen those import theaders as well and am considering purchasing a set. Like you say you can't beat the price, but what do you get. I know if I had one I'd probably use it quit a bit. Always going to town for one pipe to get threaded or waiting is very inconvenient.

Bernie

witkowbj
11-11-2003, 08:28 AM
I bought a pipe die set last year from Homier at their traveling show for $10, well worth it for that cost, I've done one or two small jobs and they are ok, most of the fittings I get from Aco seem to be imported anyway. As for industrial use at work, we have a Rigid that I have we use, and it works a bit better, but we only have 2 dies for it. If this breaks, oh well, I'm only out $10, but have done about $10 worth of threading done by the local store by myself, and saved time traveling for the cuts and threads. Use lots of oil.

Paul Alciatore
11-12-2003, 10:44 PM
Just a suggestion but if you want an American made pipe threading set you might try E-bay.

Paul A.

walnut_charlie
11-13-2003, 10:20 AM
If you live in Ca., do I have a deal for you. I have a power pipe threader that can handle up to 2" pipe. It is old and had been outside for several years. It needs to be restored, which I was going to do, but I have other priorities now and can make a great deal to someone that will pick it up. It has many dies with it and they are in good shape. If interested contact me at:
walnut_charlie@hotmail.com