PDA

View Full Version : Hints on using Google

Evan
12-03-2003, 02:08 PM
A couple of simple things to make Google work better for you:

If you are searching for something and you get a lot of hits on unrelated sites because they also contain some of the search terms you can subtract them from the results. Say you are searching for "lathes" and you get a lot of hits on wood lathes. You don't want wood lathes. To filter out wood lathes you would put in the search terms "lathes -wood", not including the quotes. Using the minus sign will cause all pages with the word wood to be discarded from the results. If you use a plus sign before the search term it means the results MUST contain that term. If you put a phrase in quotes it means the entire phrase MUST be present.

Oso
12-04-2003, 07:40 PM
That choice and others are explicit on the "advanced search" page.

ibewgypsie
12-21-2003, 02:01 PM
I never knew, perhaps I never slowed down long enough to read the advanced page? Evan enlightened me before....

When you walk through the woods hunting and you never see the trees for the forest, Slow down... enjoy life... you are always a heartbeat away from disaster.

David...'' "Evan, put your shirt back on... Ha"

Chester
12-21-2003, 08:41 PM
And clicking IMAGES above (on Google) allows you to just look for nice pictures if that is what you want. Then key F11 will give you a full screen view to boot.

spope14
12-22-2003, 04:29 PM
Yeah...... search Machinist + Evan + Grandpa

Just congratulating you again!!!!!