PDA

View Full Version : starting metal working club in Ft. Wayne

john s
12-26-2003, 09:34 PM
I would like to get a metalworking group started in the Ft. Wayne, IN. area but don,t know how to get started and especially how to locate interested H. S. Machinists.

SGW
12-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Try contacting the secretaries of various other clubs and see what they did to get started. Ron Ginger was the inspiration that got the New England Model Engineering Society going http://www.NewEnglandModelEngineeringSociety.org/ and I expect he'd be glad to share ideas with you, for instance (his home page URL is on the club website, and his e-mail address is find-able through that).

husemand@netscape.net
01-20-2004, 09:42 PM
I started a club in the Los Angeles area called SCRAP. I listed a notice in the Home Machine Shop Magazine and told them to meet at my shop on a date. I put down my web address and phone number and about 20 guys came to our first meeting. At the time we had no dues, not attendance and just had a whole lot of fun. In the meeting later we had a show and tell, discused a topic of the month and every now and then had a guest speaker in the machine shop industry give a lecture. If you want to call me get me at 310-547-4604 and I will help you.
Don Huseman

Dee Reel
02-09-2004, 11:06 AM
John,

I would like to speak to you about this.

Thank you,
Dee (800)906-0012