PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport questions

book
08-20-2001, 10:43 PM
Where can I get a low cost spider handle for the quill feed. Also the variable speed head requires Lubriplate #107 where can I buy this?

------------------
the slumlord

Thrud
08-21-2001, 02:29 AM
I do not have a cross reference in front of me, but you could email tech@amsoil.com to see if they have a sythetic alternative to the Lubriplate product. You can also call them @ 715-392-7101.

KBC has some stuff for bridgeports.

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 08-21-2001).]

bdarin
08-27-2001, 06:51 PM
If I remember correctly from my car taking-apart days (the 70's), Lubriplate is a lithium based grease, used on push rods and rocker arms, other brands of which are available at most any industrial supply.

gbyana
08-30-2001, 03:01 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by book:
Where can I get a low cost spider handle for the quill feed. Also the variable speed head requires Lubriplate #107 where can I buy this?

</font>
Depends what you are lubing. The A hole takes Lubirplate #105 The B hole is Gear Shield Heavy. It took me 1 month to find this out. I called several resellers. I have included the link to Lubirplate, Ask ther Tech. people. They are sharp!!! Some people say Lubirplate a high price solution. If it keeps it running , I'm happy to pay a few dollars more!!!!
http://www.lubriplate.com/