PDA

View Full Version : George Borton Machine Co.

Tim Winters
09-04-2001, 10:30 PM
Is anyone familiar with the George Gorton Machine Co., Racine Wisconsin? I am attemping to restore some sort of tool grinder, part# 265-6 ser.# 20469. Right now the tool is rusted, stuck and missing a few pieces(BOAT ANCHOR!). I would gladly pay copy charges and postage for any manual or parts list (hopefully with a drawing of the complete machine). The only clue I have to it's actual use was a handwritten label stating 'engraving tool-grinder'. I hope to restore it for sharpening end mills, etc. Thanks in advance for any help offered!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tim Winters (edited 09-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Tim Winters (edited 09-21-2001).]

cycwrk
09-20-2001, 11:16 AM
I think you should check the spelling
on the machine. It should be George
Gorton not Borton.

ray

[This message has been edited by cycwrk (edited 09-20-2001).]

rcornell
09-25-2001, 12:22 PM
The Gorton Machine Company of Racine was bought by a company named FAMCO in Kenosha, WI. Their Web site is www.famcomachine.com. (http://www.famcomachine.com.) I have an old Gorton Duplicator Mill (about 5000lbs of cast iron) and have been trying to locate literature on it. I have emailed them without a reply, so I am not sure how much help they will be. If you have any luck, let me know what and where you find it and maybe I will be able to use the info as well.