PDA

View Full Version : sb lathe manuals

Gary Reif
10-11-2001, 12:13 AM
I just bought a 13" South Bend lathe and am looking for owners manual and parts lists for it. I'm guessing it was built in the late 40's. It is a floor model with motor mounted below the headstock. The cat# is CL 145 B serial# 5876 TKL 12. I will be gratefull for any help.

SGW
10-11-2001, 04:54 PM
I think Joe at Plaza Machinery in Bethel, VT, has quite a collection of machinery documentation that he'll sell photocopies of.
He advertises in HSM. Worth a try, anyway....

tooljedi
10-17-2001, 05:28 PM
I would call South Bend with your serial no. They can look up your lathe and tell you the year of manufacture and other odds and ends. They have manuals for sale as well. I bought my 9" SB lathe manual there for $25. I see them on Ebay for about the same price. There are a lot of manuel companies out there. Shop till you drop. I will ask a few people I know, and see if they have a SB13 manual. I am actually shoping for my 1922 Large Swing SB lathe right now. That manual is a bit pricey, and I really do not want to pay that much.

[This message has been edited by tooljedi (edited 10-17-2001).]

Gary Reif
10-18-2001, 10:13 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SGW:
I think Joe at Plaza Machinery in Bethel, VT, has quite a collection of machinery documentation that he'll sell photocopies of.
He advertises in HSM. Worth a try, anyway....

</font>

farmwrench@aol
10-28-2001, 11:53 AM
Look what I found! www.SouthBendlathe.com/index.html (http://www.SouthBendlathe.com/index.html) I was told they went out of bus. after some strike. They have a page that will let you find the year and decode that Catalog number.Parts and books are available for some machines. And they even have a rebuilding program.