PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Tables

JIM DEWOLF
11-08-2001, 10:51 PM
Can someone please tell me if there are wrawings available to make a rotary table simmilar to Grizzly's G1049 6inch. I see pictures on the cover of a Machinists Workshop Mag. I subscribed in 2001 so have no earlier copies. I don't know which edition that is or if it has dwg's to build one. If some one can help, would be very thankful.
Jim

SGW
11-09-2001, 09:06 AM
I think some of the British suppliers have plans/castings for rotary tables. Try Neil Hemingway, for instance. I think you can reach him through here: http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~chrish/homepage.htm and there may be others. I've occasionally ordered things from British suppliers, and through the magic of credit cards it's no big deal at all.

While you're doing it though...you may want to think of something a bit larger than 6", unless you are dealing with pretty small work.

willjordan
11-12-2001, 12:56 PM
If you hit the link at the bottom of the page, it will take you to the main site of Machinist Workshop and Home Shop Machinist.

Then do an article search.I entered rotary table and got:

Found 15 Matches for "rotary table"
77% Build Your Own Geared Rotary Table - Part II
77% Build Your Own Geared Rotary Table - Part I
77% A Simple Rotary Table
77% Rotary Tables
77% Mill-drill Adventures - Part VI - A Power Feed for the Main Table and a Rotary Table continued
77% Mill-drill Adventures - Part V - A Power Feed for the Main Table and a Rotary Table
77% A Simple Indexing Rotary Table
77% Accessories for a Rotary Table - Part III
77% Accessories for a Rotary Table - Part II
77% Accessories for a Rotary Table - Part I
77% From the Scrapbox: A New Rotary Table
77% The Micro Machinist: Building a Rotary Table - Part III
77% The Micro Machinist: Building a Rotary Table - Part II
77% The Micro Machinist: Building a Rotary Table - Part I
77% Some Pointers on Rotary Table Work

The you can order back issues as necessary.

------------------
grace & peace
will

JIM DEWOLF
11-13-2001, 08:24 PM
Many thanks to SGW and Will. Got all the info needed. Much appriciated. You realy went all out Will! Thanks.
Jim