X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micrometer50
    • Feb 2002

need threaded rod

I need to know where i can get a foot of half-10 acme thread for some lead screws. Any ideas?
  • tooljedi
    • Oct 2001

Try MSC, McMaster Car, Reid Tool, Grainger, Industrial Supply, or any tool supplier should have Acme thread rod. These guys all have web sites too! You might find that 8 TPI usually comes in 5/8 diameter. The standards for this rod are ussually differnt than what you would typically find on a lathe. But if you are making it from scatch then what the heck. It ussually very inexspensive, and comes in 3' or 6' lengths. Hope this helps!
    Christian

[This message has been edited by tooljedi (edited 02-28-2002).]

Comment

• SGW
      • Apr 2001

Some links:
      MSC: www.mscdirect.com
      McMaster-Carr: www.mcmaster.com
      Travers: www.travers.com
      Reid Tool Supply: www.reidtool.com

If all else fails, try the Thomas Register: www.thomasregister.com If you can't find it in there, it ain't anywhere!
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

• spope14
        • Dec 2001

Check your local area for a FASTENALL store. They are sprouting up all over!!! These places are great for the HSM or the small job machinist. You do not have to pay the hipping, items are mostly on hand or next day delivery. Cost per item is a little more, but convenience is premium. We have one in town, and I now do quite a bit of small job biz with them over MSC, J&L and such, get to see what I buy right at the time I need it.

CCBW, MAH

Comment

Working...
        X