X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockrat
    • Jun 2003

Adjustments here are needed badly.

I just typed a thread noting how the only thing that really needs to happen here is Neil needs to drop a quick line noting that things will need adjusted and this is not the final product. Then we can all get back to fun stuff instead of layout issues. And trust me, I agree that this is not what I would want to use as a BBS the way it is right now. But with some adjustments, it could be very useable.

But nooooooo. I must take too long to type. The system logged me out. When I logged in, it told me that I had done everything wrong and I would have to go back to my message and make adjustments.

Well, wouldnt you know, when I went back, 15 min of typing gone.

The site is kinda unuseable like this. If I have to log in every 15 min & loose all my work, I'll go somewhere different.

I hope adjustments will be made shortly.
    rock-
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.
  • TECHSHOP
    • Jan 2006

rockrat:

I had that problem yesterday, it stopped when I checked the "remember me" box when I logged in. I don't like having to do that, but It has solved the problem for me. Today it worked fine, I usually clean out all the "cookies" when I power down, but didn't yesterday to see what would happen today. Also it seems that the postings are updated "quicker" then before. On the "old" way, threads would more to the top of the list, but the added posts would not show, even when I hit the refresh, until much later. Also I used to get disconnected from the site, if I was trying to post and someone else posted to that thread at the same time, so far that has not happened in the "new" way.

I will keep banging my keys, in random effort to "help" the other computer cavemen figure out the secrets of fire, no reason for all of us to burn our fingers out typing the same "issues".
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

• John Stevenson
      • Mar 2001

After having had to log in a couple of times I'm now remembered.
      Checked in this morning and the message saying last time visited is correct and still logged on.

Come on Guys it's not a working day for Village Press and they have had to do a lot of work, cut them a bit of slack.
      We have said what's not right, they can't miss this so lets get back to as normal as we can less pics etc.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

• torker
        • Dec 2003

The new stuff seems to be OK on this end. I do like that my last visit was 01-01-1970
        Russ
        I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

• rockrat
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by John Stevenson
          After having had to log in a couple of times I'm now remembered.
          Checked in this morning and the message saying last time visited is correct and still logged on.

Come on Guys it's not a working day for Village Press and they have had to do a lot of work, cut them a bit of slack.
          We have said what's not right, they can't miss this so lets get back to as normal as we can less pics etc.
          Fair enough, I dont like working on Saturday either. I'm normally not one to push and complian. Honest!
          I can get buy with all the other stuff, no big deal, Neil will get it deligated out for repair/upgrade. But loosing work is beyond annoyance. Just disappointed that I cant jump in here like normal.

Oh, and good luck with the rest of the weekend Sir. John.

rock

Comment

• nheng
            • Jun 2002

In spite of the grief that the Chaski board took when it changed software, that software version/pkg is far more eye friendly now than this one is.

If the name, avatar, # posts, "member since" etc. were moved to the left and the "frames" removed or somehow subdued, life would be wonderful ... actually life is wonderful but the framing and clutter around every reply is too much to handle. Den

Comment

• speedy
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by rockrat
              Fair enough, I dont like working on Saturday either. I'm normally not one to push and complian. Honest! rock
              I will put it down to your medication then?
              Here`s hopeing that your illness has passed Rock, it sure sounded nasty!

I have to agree that it is cluttered but I am slowlylearning my way around it. It will only get better....

cheers, Ken
              Ken.

Comment

• rockrat
                • Jun 2003

Speedy,
                Thanks buddy. I have so much more energy now it seems strange. Woke up at 6:30 and felt very rested. Been running all day and not ready to stop yet.

Just finished up a grinding job on a few taps and made a tap starter plate for my uncle. Amazing how many relations appear when they know you have a little shop.

Tomorrow is clean-up day in the shop. I let things get messy. Monday after work is a little welding job. Maybe I should quit work and work from home, shop that is.

rock

Comment

• TECHSHOP
                  • Jan 2006

rockrat:

Good to hear that you are well again. Spent most of the yesterday, moving things around in the shop. No matter how much I rearrange stuff, what I want is always on the bottom of the pile, in the corner furthest from where I need it to be. hopefully I will be able to set my tent up, and restart the major "overhall" of the shops. I "only" have 20-25 years to get my "retirement" shop ready. Time is getting short I need to get the lead out, while I still got the energy.

Speedy:

Of course the site got cluttered, the North American electrons are still disorientated, you being upside down overthere.
                  Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

• Smoking Crater
                    • Oct 2004

I noticed the "Last visited" date too. Pretty impressive since I wasn't even born yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X