PDA

View Full Version : NAMES show is in two weeks, are you going?

Rich Carlstedt
04-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I plan to be at the new Toledo facilities on April 22 and 23.
Any thread members from here going ?

I am a little hesitent about being in downtown Toledo,
but maybe it will spark more interest than the last location.
I still feel Wyandote was the best..
Rich

thebusdweller
04-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Rich, I'll be there Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I'm thinking we have gone the last 7 years. Take care, Tom

JCHannum
04-07-2006, 08:37 AM
I will be there with two tables (#4 & 5) in the vendor's area. Stop by for a visit or to rest or store your purchases so you don't have to drag them around.

There is no need for concern about the Toledo location. It is head and shoulders above any of the previous sites. It is easy access from the Ohio Turnpike or Rte 75. There are plenty of motels available in the immediate area, and many activities for the rest of family if the show doesn't interest them.

The Convention Center is designed expressly for these functions, it is not a converted hockey arena. The area being used for this year's show is larger than the previous sites, and there is plenty of room for future growth within the existing complex.

This weekend, the Weak Signals RC show is being held there. This is an international show, and I believe it is the largest in the nation. It is much larger than NAMES, and is in it's 52nd. year. That should give an idea of the appropriateness of the site for this kind of show.

http://www.toledoshow.com/

MikeHenry
04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Hi Rich,

I'll be there for 1-1/2 days or so this year. Will you be bringing anything new?

Mike

PTSideshow
04-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Will be there helping to set up around the 17 and thru Sunday night at take down. The best part of the new place is NO ICE under the floor. I will be wandering around with a bullboard home made tag all week end. :D

japcas
04-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm leaving out Friday morning on my way up to Toledo and will be staying through Sunday. This will be my first NAMES show and I am looking forward to it. I've been to cabin fever and iron fever and am looking forward to seeing some different stuff and people.

Weston Bye
04-07-2006, 11:25 AM
I"ll be there on Saturday.

David/toledo
04-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Seeing I live here I plan on being aroung both days.
David/toledo

lane
04-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Be their Fri. Sat. Sun. with some models

Errol Groff
04-08-2006, 11:55 PM
I will be leaving CT this coming Friday. Toledo bound by way of D.C., Harpers Ferry, Antietem to feed the Civil War interest, Bedford VA to pay respect at the D-Day Memorial. In D.C. we plan to visit the WWII memorial, Air and Space downtown and probably the new Air and Space facioity out near Dulles again. On the 18th there will be an interment ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery for the husband of my wifes friend and we plan to attend that.

Look for me with the New England Model Engineering Society guys. I will be bringing my just finished Murdock Double Cylinder engine. Bought the casting set from Clarence Meyer at NAMES last April so I guess I will have to look for a new project this year. Maybe one of those Dinky Deere engines. Or ...... who knows.

Safe journey to all and I hope to meet many fellows face to face this year.

Rich Carlstedt
04-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Errol.. maybe we can see each other again?
Enjoyed our chat at Cabin Fever

Mike, Look me up, please
I will be with the Chicago Model Engineers tables again.
Unfortunitly, my current project is still not completed.
I am building a detailed model of the steam engine of the U.S.S. Monitor.
The last 4 months have been some of the most frustrating I can
ever remember having. no room here for the reasons. but I will have
the parts for display . Maybe even some of the failures so folks can
see the progress or lack there of !

I plan to look up the guys here if I can find you and say hello.
my best
Rich

Ausserdog
04-10-2006, 01:49 PM
This will be my first show - really looking forward to it! We'll (daughter's boyfreind & I) be driving in on Friday and leaving on Sunday.
Rich - I'll stop by and introduce myself, it will be nice to meet you.

pkastagehand
04-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Anyone going to NAMES from anywhere near Grand Rapids MI area that would be willing to take on a passenger for some gas money?

Paul