PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed on ebay???

Alistair Hosie
04-16-2006, 05:40 PM
That for example up to a few weeks ago under the heading in the UK Lathe Ebay for example we used to have about 20 to 30 pages now as in most things this has doubled ,the only thing is the last 20 pages have no pics and are all buy it now what is this all about Alistair

bob308
04-16-2006, 06:50 PM
yes i noticed that a lot too. the other one i see is starting bid 19.95 buy it now for 20.00

JCHannum
04-16-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't know about lathes and the UK, but many more people are listing items in their eBay stores, and not offering them at auction.

When you do a search, the auctions display first, then the store items appear as Buy it Now items. That marypoppinsdog guy does this for example.

I don't know the reason for the lack of pics though.

John Stevenson
04-16-2006, 07:12 PM
When you do a search, the auctions display first, then the store items appear as Buy it Now items. That marypoppinsdog guy does this for example.

Jim,
That marypoppinsdog guy isn't a guy, it's actually my wife and daughter who run a web site and Ebay shop. I have nothing to do with Ebay, I only buy items.
Only I am allowed to call her a dog :rolleyes::rolleyes: and that's not advisable or my tool budget and book buying spree's get curtailed :(

The reason all the buy it now are on is down to ebay pricing I'm told.
Buy-it -now or BIN's have a reduced listing fee, extended time and you only pay on sales.
On an auction if no one buys you still pay ebay.
Many shop items have a fixed price as there are usually a lot of stock so it makes sense to use BIN's
For one off and items with a non fixed price it's still worth putting on auction.

JCHannum
04-16-2006, 07:39 PM
I meant this guy;

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=marypoppinsdog&iid=

He hasn't done much yet, but the price of fame is having to deal with the wannabe's.

The stores have a monthly fee to maintain, and eBay charges for each transaction. The listing with opening bid & BIN close are for those who might not want to wait for the auction to end to buy.

I get a surprising number of items that go at auction for a price over the original BIN price.

Leigh
04-16-2006, 10:49 PM
...the only thing is the last 20 pages have no pics and are all buy it now what is this all about Alistair

Hi Alistair,

This is all about a change that ebay made a few weeks ago. They now include listings in ebay stores in the search results following the auction listings, separated by a line and a header to that effect. I guess you didn't get the memo :eek: :p :D