PDA

View Full Version : Tractor & Engine Guys

Cecil Walker
04-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I was cleaning out my dest in the shop last night and found an I & T shop service manual and for an Oliver 99 4 cyl, Super 99 6 cyl, and Super 99GM 3 cyl. and the supplement for the 990 series updates. I used to own a 990GM but sold it 5-6 years ago. Don't want to trash can these if there is someone out there who needs one. Let me know if you do, i will even pay the postage.

Also, have a reprint of a instruction manual for a Domestic Sideshaft Type A engine, same offer applies.

CCWKen
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
That's a great offer Cecil! I WISH I had an Oliver Super 99. :(

I bet someone over at the tractor shed could use it. www.tractorshed.com

Why you cleaning your desk? You're not retiring are you? If you happen to run across a JD 420C pto output shaft and cover plate in one of them drawers, I'd take those off your hands. :D

Still wearing my caps with pride. :D

IOWOLF
04-21-2006, 03:36 AM
Yes, find one, It will be useful when it is my crawler. ;)

Cecil Walker
04-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Ken: I'm not retiring yet, hope to in about 3 years. The desk I was cleaning out was in the shop at home, had to find more room for plans, HSM mag, etc.

Also Ken, the wife and I are going to fly to San Antonio in June, rent a vehicle, and drive around some in south Texas for a week or so. Where are some of the interesting spots we should visit? We like to keep to the backroads whenever possible. We've been to Ft. Worth/Dallas, Houston, Corpus Christi. Got to spend a week on the King Ranch for a JD meeting a few years ago.

IOWOLF & Ken: Sorry about the PTO shaft and cover, don't have one. However, I do have a few friends with their own tractor junkyards for parts, they owe me some favors. I found them 2 old sawmillsand they got both of them free. Will get two (you and Ken) if possible. I will see them in the next few weeks.

CCWKen
04-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Will get two (you and Ken) if possible. I will see them in the next few weeks.

I think Wolf means he wants ME to get one for the crawler he plans to get from me. ;) I'm not quite finished with it. I keep finding things to do with it. If it wasn't for the boom on it, I would have never have gotten the punch-press off the trailer.

Also Ken, the wife and I are going to fly to San Antonio in June, rent a vehicle, and drive around some in south Texas for a week or so.

Hey Cecil, that will be great! Scoping out retirement property? I'll email my phone number and address. If you get a chance, call and/or stop by or I can meet you in SA somewhere. June is going to be warm--Like it's not already. :rolleyes: Too bad you're not down here now. Fiesta Week just started today!

I hope the shop addition is done by then--You'll actually be able to walk on flooring instead of over tools and parts. :D

Cecil Walker
04-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Yep, you're right Ken, i misread the post. Definately will give you a call or a visit, just need to know the details.