X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedy
    • Jul 2004

Help: Flush mount Button oilers

Are there any Kiwi boys out there who can point me in the right direction.
    I have been trying to source good quality 1/4" button oilers for my Colchester Student ; I am putting in some extra oil points on the saddle. Chevpak have a million 3/16" ( made in India ) and the 1/4" will not arrive for at least two more months. I have contacted a large number of engineer supply houses in Aucland but no luck. Some crowd in NZ are sure to have some ?
    I know that I work slow but I don`t fancy waiting that long. The local 600 group can supply, from Aussie 600, genuine Colchester? for $10.30 +GST each and a further increase is coming .
    Does anyone have a source within Godzone ?

thanks.
    Ken
    Last edited by speedy; 05-03-2006, 06:30 PM.
    Ken.
  • Scishopguy
    • Feb 2006

Help: Flush mount Button oilers

Ken,

You might find them in McMaster-Carr. They have everything you can think of. Their web address is: www.mcmaster.com
    They are pretty good to deal with and I think they ship international.

best regards,
    Jim (KB4IVH)
    Jim (KB4IVH)

Only fools abuse their tools.

Comment

• Leigh
      • Aug 2005

McMaster-Carr http://www.mcmaster.com has them under catalog number 1214K2 for $0.70 each, or $0.59 each in quantities of 20 or more. Just put that number in the search box at the top of the left-hand panel. It will bring up the ordering information and the catalog page (2041).
      Leigh
      The entire content of this post is copyright by, and is the sole property of, the author. No assignment
      of title nor right of publication shall ensue from presentation of this material on any computer site.

Comment

• speedy
        • Jul 2004

Thanks men, that is appreciated. I will look some more here for a day, there are a couple more outside chances to check. If I am still banging my head against the wall I will look up Mcmaster-Carr.

Ken
        Ken.

Comment

• nheng
          • Jun 2002

You can get them directly from Gits and order on line. Sad news is they are now manufactured in China but all design is still done here. Metric and Inch are available. I haven't used their on-line ordering but there doesn't seem to be any minimum $$. Den

Comment

• matador
            • Jul 2003

button oilers

g'day Ken.I'll have a look around in ch-ch to see what's available.If I find something,i'll e-mail ya.
            Hans

Comment

• speedy
              • Jul 2004

Thanks for the pointer Nheng, I saw their site, fantastic, yankee made quality! Then I read some more to find that their product is made in China. It keeps the price down I suppose and increases their profits I suspect. I will attempt to source closer to home first. Gotta support the local economy if you can
              That is good of you Hans. I have emailed Alemite Lubrequip in NSW; apparently they are the agents for Adams of Coventry.
              All this trouble for a few small items aye? I will post some more on the saddle/apron mods thread when it is complete.

Ken
              Ken.

Comment

• nheng
                • Jun 2002

Ken, I probably should have pulled that reply after thinking about it some more. While Gits is a good old American brand, I'm not going to press Chinese oilers into good old American, British or Euro iron. Unfortunately, I had to run after posting.

There was a comment on Gits history link that just sunk in They opened plants outside of the US because their customers wanted parts made regionally ... That's what WE want.

Den
                Last edited by nheng; 05-04-2006, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• speedy
                  • Jul 2004

Hell no Den, that`s OK. The info is there for others also. If I cannot source British, European or Yankee then there will be no other option for me. All my Colchester ones are 35 years old and show no signs of fatigue.
                  I have some 3/16" made in India, they look alright but are too small for my liking and I still have a bias.

Ken
                  Ken.

Comment

• Alan in Oz
                    • Jan 2003

Ken,
                    There is a company here in Perth, Atom Supply that had the 1\4 " oilers, I used some on my lathe, if you run out of ideas let me know and see if they still have.

All the best in your hunt for these elusive things.
                    Alan

Comment

• speedy
                      • Jul 2004

You are a gentleman Alan. Too right, they are elusive. I recall two brass ones that I safely stashed away. I have searched high and low and they may as well have been thrown in the trash
                      I called into Tool & Engineering Warehouse late this arvo before picking up the missus. They were into it immediately and it looks as if the local Alemite agency, Fox & Gunn, may be able to help. It was right on closing so I will have to wait until Saturday, maybe Monday. The suggested part number for a 1/4" Drive in size is A 1402(?), so fingers crossed.

edit-I just did a search of the Alemite site, it seems the item number is 1885.

Ken
                      Last edited by speedy; 05-05-2006, 07:31 AM.
                      Ken.

Comment

• speedy
                        • Jul 2004

Still no luck here... not for some weeks anyway. The joy of living in the colonies!
                        Alan, I have sent you an email.

Ken
                        Ken.

Comment

• Alan in Oz
                          • Jan 2003

Ken,
                          Haven't seen email yet, send it to me direct not through the board.
                          Alan

Comment

• speedy
                            • Jul 2004

Nice one Alan, ta mate.

Ken
                            Ken.

Comment

Working...
                            X