PDA

View Full Version : Dumore Model 44 TPG

CCWKen
05-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I know this has come up many times before but I'm wondering if any one has been able to find a manual or parts diagram of the old Model 44? This is NOT the same as the current "Series" 44 grinder. I've exhausted the internet search options and Dumore is no help. For as many of these grinders out there, I can't believe no one has a manual.

I've got mine in a bazillion pieces right now. If there's an interest in overhauling or detailing these units, I'll take pictures and post. I'll even try and make up an "exploded" view. :D

Let me know in any case.

Thanks

Here's the bearings used in the 44. On the left is one of the motor bearings (87502) and on the right is one of the spindle bearings (7200).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/CCWKen/Tools/Tool%20Post%20Grinder/Dumore44-Bearings.jpg

JCHannum
05-03-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't know what you consider as the older model, but I have the parts list & instruction manual for the Series 44. It is for Model 8473, and was printed in 6/78.

It does not give commercial bearing numbers, but does have an exploded diagram and parts list.

Keep in mind that the bearings are probably a high precision bearing, and not the standard off the shelf items. Look for electric pencil markings on them. It will make a difference in the grinder's performance.

Let me know if you want a copy of the manual.

CCWKen
05-03-2006, 10:05 PM
JC - Check your email.

Thanks

SGW
05-04-2006, 10:29 AM
If you contact Dumore directly, they ought to be able to help you out. A friend of mine has a truly ancient Dumore grinder, and they were able to supply him with information about it.

Take note of JCHannum's comment about them being high-precision bearings. They are, and they're expensive, and it does make a difference.

CCWKen
05-04-2006, 07:12 PM
The early Model 44 appears to be very close to Jim's Series 44 Model 8473. There's only a minor difference in the motor in that the older model has an inline cord switch where the Series 44 has the switch on the motor.

Here's the spindle of the "old" Model 44. There are a few differences.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/CCWKen/Tools/Tool%20Post%20Grinder/Dumore44-Spindle.jpg