PDA

View Full Version : Spray Mist Coolant

Shuswap Pat
05-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Has anybody got drawings/sketches for a spray mist coolant system?

Why buy one when I can spend a day or so building one?

Pat

BobWarfield
05-06-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm not even sure it's complicated enough to warrant drawings. Go find a nozzle from a watering can of some kind made of metal from the garden shop. Adapt as needed.

Or, you can buy one's designed for machinery really cheap off eBay. I got one that uses a pressurized tank and manifold, and it came with 4 nozzles on magnetic bases. It's designed to be used with several machines. Cost me $69. It's made by one of the big industrial outfits--not even Chinese!

Another cool gadget available off eBay is a vortex air cooler. IOWolf uses one I know. You pump in compressed air and it blows really cold air out one end and hot air out the other. Separates the molecules somehow. No moving parts. No mess, no fuss. They're like $350 on Enco, but I got 3 on eBay for like $40 -$60 apiece because nobody has a clue what they are or what they are for.

Best,

BW

Ivy McNeil
05-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi Pat
Here's a sketch of a mister I built. It can empty a 5 gal bucket of coolant in no time if you open it up all the way.
You will have to experiment with the location of the pick up tube for the best flow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ivymcneil/Tools/spraymister-2.jpg

Regards
Ivy McNeil

SGW
05-06-2006, 05:32 PM
There were plans for one in Model Engineer magazine, years ago, by "Duplex." Unfortunately, I have no idea what issue. Maybe Sir John can look it up.....