PDA

View Full Version : Proper thread titles please.

JRouche
05-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Seems to me proper thread titles would be helpful for detirmining which threads one would want to open. There are alot of ambgigous thread titles being listed which dont even come close to describing the contents of the post.

If I am way out in left field it wont be the first time, just my simple opinion. JRouche

torker
05-11-2006, 01:14 AM
JR...you CNC guys sure are a picky bunch aren't you? :D
Really though...you have a point. After I read this it dawned on me, that's why it took me so long to get through this board tonight.
I think the lurker callouts have added a lot to that.
I'm likin the lurker posting though. Kind of a different spin on the place.
Russ

Leigh
05-11-2006, 03:24 AM
I'm afraid it's a losing battle, JR :(

I'm a moderator on two other active boards, and we constantly get titles like "A question"

Of course it's a question ! Some people are clueless, and others can't even spell "clue".

A.K. Boomer
05-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Im new but what helps is put your curser finger on the thread title and you can read more about it before you have to open, its a time saver esp. when u only have dail up:o

Randy
05-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Im new but what helps is put your curser finger on the thread title and you can read more about it before you have to open, its a time saver esp. when u only have dail up:o

I did not know that. Thanks for a very useful tip!

TECHSHOP
05-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I quess we shouldn't wrap gifts for you?

I always have a problem naming a new thread, not like this site is well known for staying on topic. I think we all could be nominated as "thread drift" poster child of the year. Sometimes I just wait for a thread to "sink" a few pages, then I'll look at it during a "slow" time. The only thing I usually miss out on is the quick smarta$$ reply, the machining stuff is usually still valid.