PDA

View Full Version : How does ones culture Heritage influence ones way of life?

Bullpit2
05-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I need to do this for a progect in a computer study? Advice is welcome :cool:

John Stevenson
05-18-2006, 11:58 AM
One has to work at at, or so my butler, Alistair, tells me.

Bullpit2
05-18-2006, 11:59 AM
thank you for that tid bit of information

Alistair Hosie
05-18-2006, 12:11 PM
you called mi lud :DAlistair

Evan
05-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Hello Bullpit2. Resurrected from the dead, are we? :D

I'm descended from Vikings, but you would never know that just by looking at me.

http://vts.bc.ca/extra.jpg

John Stevenson
05-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Is tea ready yet my man ?

Bullpit2
05-18-2006, 12:15 PM
I have another question......

How do different cultures adapt to Canada?

IOWOLF
05-18-2006, 12:33 PM
I have a question, How does someone become annoying so quickly?

John Stevenson
05-18-2006, 12:34 PM
One gets ones butler to send a letter and waits for Canada to reply.

Alistair Hosie
05-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Sir john is not only a hard worker he is a fast worker married five years and twenty children to feed all the worry and fun with it,Sorry Mi LUd am I speaking about "sir" out of tone :DAlistair

IOWOLF
05-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Scottie,I didn't know you were a Gentleman's Gentleman?

John Stevenson
05-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Scottie,I didn't know you were a Gentleman's Gentleman?

No it's the other way round, he's a Gentleman Gentleman's :)

Alguy
05-18-2006, 04:17 PM
My family linage has been traced to the region north of Hadrians wall , i belive
Sir John would consider me a bit of a ruffian , and so do I.

skeeter
05-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I think that most of use are influenced my our parents more that any other thing. We usually are raised in the same religion and adjust to some of their habits and beliefs. Our grandparents also have some influence on us. This would be from both sides. Then it comes down to teachers and classmates.

The next part would be the likes and loves of a person. Who they care about and what field(s) they would care to pursue.

Happy days,

:)

jburstein
05-18-2006, 04:58 PM
I think the canadians do their own homework.

J Tiers
05-18-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm descended from Vikings, but you would never know that just by looking at me.

True of me also, but in my case, both parts are true, since I look French, and surely get annoyed as fast as any frenchman (no doubt assisted by being in fact part French as well as Irish in addition).

But I use more bars of soap per year than the average I once saw pertaining to Frenchmen......

How does that all affect my way of life? I suppose it has made me fight more often than I might have otherwise... :D

topct
05-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Welsh+European Jew=Very good with my hands.

That is all I know, the rest does not matter to me.

Weston Bye
05-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Cultural heritage? What's that? Of my 8 great grandparents two were Swiss, one was Chippewa, one Scott, one French and two English. Most came to the States through Canada, and I still have some distant relatives there. None passed on any cultural influences, choosing instead, I suppose, to be Americans. The count adds up to seven. That leaves one who was an itinenerant rapist. I have no cultural identity, but I could be related to anyone of low moral character. I try not to celebrate that.

Locksmith
05-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Just chanced upon this thread...What the hell are you guys talking about and what's it got to do with "cultural heritage????? I give up.

A.K. Boomer
05-22-2006, 10:54 AM
My Moms a Hienze 57 but my Dad was pure italian,(and or sicilian, i dont know wich although sometimes i get pissed like a sicilian), anyways, from engines to bicycles going faster and or producing better efficiancy is in my blood, as a young man i studied desmodramics (the art of opening and closing intake and exhaust valves in an internal combustion engine without the use of horsepower robbing valve springs) Many car and motorcycles had different versions even since the early 1900's but to me Ducati is the masters, two different cams, one opens the valve the other closes it by a specialy designed lobe and rocker,,, At the age of 25 I designed and built my very own system but to me I one upped everybody, I used ports intead of valves, Yes, a four stroke with ports, My unit ran and then siezed up because i didnt know a thing about metalurgy or compatibility but i was content in knowing i was not crazy, two years later i heard of the Coates rotary engine and now they are HUGE (www.coatesengine.com) although thier design is spherical and mine was basically a tube spinning inside a tube sealed off by apex seals i stole from a mazda rotary engine there are allot of simularities, years later i started Mt. bicycle racing and this had led me to where i am now --- on the cusp of producing the fastest bike cranks in the world by means of the study of biomechanics and applying everything iv learned throughout the years (i'll be 46 tomorrow) My passion to create is a direct derivitive of my cultural heritage, some of it iv learned from example from my parents, but for the most part i believe its hardwired into me, for better or worse its really something i cant control, many things I got from both sides (my Mom and My Dad) and i couldnt have done any of this without either, but i think I know where i get the most of my driving force, the persistance and determination (and stubborness) -----(we didnt nickname my Dad sparkey for nuthin)---- that is why when I was watching the opening ceremonies of the winter olympics and the italians rolled out their ferrari fired it up and then started spinning dounuts at close to 20,000 rpms with a million dollar + race car I was FUQEing overwhelmed with pride standing up paceing the floor pumping my fists screaming at the TV --- THATS WUT THE FUQE IM TALKIN BOUT YEAHHHH, so loud i almost blew out my throat and popped a vain in my forehead, What they did could have almost been looked at as a childish act had people not takin their thinking a step further to realize just how much these guys not only have their act together but also aint afraid to put everything on the line, and for what, a cheap frill,,, it was a thing of beauty ----------- Brazen is the word, and yes ,,, i got sum cultural heritage going on...