View Full Version : Punch Press ?

02-13-2003, 12:42 PM
I was just given what I think is called a punch press. It has a foot plate that one steps on to push the three pins into corresponding holes. It was used here at work to punch registration holes in acetate cels to enable them to fit on the platen on an Oxberry Animation Stand. I repair vintage fountain pens and wonder if I could retrofit this press to punch out the various sizes of thin rubber plunger washers that are used to repair Sheaffer Vac Fill fountain pens?

L Webb
02-13-2003, 01:42 PM
That sounds like a small kick press. I've punched delrin and other plastics but have never tried punching rubber. I imagine the tooling will have be just a little different.

02-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Try Pacepunches.com lots-o little punches for just that purpose.