PDA

View Full Version : FIXED, sort of.

Evan
06-01-2006, 12:16 PM
I have bumped back all out of order posts so that new posts and topics will now sort to the top again. The data base is still corrupted but at least the BBS can be used more or less properly again.

IOWOLF
06-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Thank you Evan, for your efforts.

Cecil Walker
06-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Another THANK YOU!

Evan
06-01-2006, 12:54 PM
I have corresponded with Craig Foster and one of the IT guys there is attempting to write a script to fix the incorrect dates. I hope it works.

Your Old Dog
06-01-2006, 03:11 PM
It hasn't been a problem for me. I never noticed.

On another topic, Merry Christmass and Happy New Year.

NiX0n
06-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Hello All!
I'm Adam, but you can all call me NiX0n.

I fixed the times on the posts.

IOWOLF
06-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanx, and keep up the Ummm work.

Evan
06-01-2006, 04:20 PM
It didn't work. Adam, have a look at my workbench topic that I just bumped to the top. It has out of order posts with dates of tomorrow in it. Not fixed yet I'm afraid.

I'm not sure it can be fixed, certainly not easily. It may be best to just dump everything since the time went wrong so the database won't be corrupted. Kind of harsh but database corruption isn't something you want to keep around.

Alistair Hosie
06-01-2006, 04:37 PM
I posted anew topic concerning my suds pump but it never showed up yet that was a few days ago Alistair

Evan
06-01-2006, 05:52 PM

Evan
06-01-2006, 05:53 PM

roberlt
06-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks for trying to straighten this out.
I'm GLAD you are in our side!

Rob

IOWOLF
06-01-2006, 06:07 PM
OMG ! now Evan can't post words.

roberlt, the last guy we had help out the board really messed with things/us/me.Even is a big help.

Evan
06-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Sorry about those posts. I was experimenting.

NiX0n
06-02-2006, 08:44 AM
If you're not already "in the know," what had happened was last week the server was reset. After reset, the time was lost; when the date was entered (at least this is the theory), the month may have been entered wrong. It has since been fixed. Until recently though, stuff in the database that was added durring that period remained inaccurate. Sorry for the inconvienence ladies and gentleman.

At the time of my last post, I had only fixed the posts. I did however just fix the times on the threads themselves.

anything that was supposedly posted after June 25th, 2006, each was bumped ahead by a fixed amount of time. There may still be some inconsistancies around, but it's better than before.

Evan
06-02-2006, 11:11 AM
May I suggest that you turn on the Windows Time server function by providing it with a working time server address. That will automatically correct the system clock on boot and periodically at intervals you specify.

This isn't difficult. Double click on the clock to bring up the clock properties sheet and click the tab "Internet time" (XP only).

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/time1.jpg

Enter in the server window time-b.nist.gov

This will configure the server (or your home computer) to use the Government NIST authoritative time server to synchronize the system clock.

UDP port 123 will need to be open if an external firewall is used.

To change the time service update interval in XP or Windows 2003 Server go to the key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\W32Time\Parameters

Period : REG_DWORD or REG_SZ
Used to control how often the time service synchronizes. If a string value is specified, it must be one of special ones listed below. If you specify the string value by using the numbers (65535 for example), then create the value as a REG_DWORD. If you use the word to specify the string value (BiDaily for example), then the entry should be created as a REG_SZ.
0 = once a day
65535, "BiDaily" = once every 2 days
65534, "Tridaily" = once every 3 days
65533, "Weekly" = once every week (7 days)
65532, "SpecialSkew" = once every 45 minutes until 3 good synchronizations occur, then once every 8 hours (3 per day) [default]
65531, "DailySpecialSkew" = once every 45 minutes until 1 good synchronization occurs, then once every day
freq = freq times per day

More info here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223184

I suggest that the option "SpecialSkew" be used.

For more information from NIST see here:

http://tf.nist.gov/service/pdf/win2000xp.pdf