View Full Version : engineering drawings paper

06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
would anyone know of a source in the uk that supplies this drawing paper? also what are these drawing pads known as in the industry?

all i see in the shops is the metric 1mm x 10mm sq A4 pads. these imperial pads are pretty neat, also i like to work in the old imperial measurements

06-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Sorry,Bill,being in nz,know nothing about the graph paper,but is that a "sweet pea"slide valve I spot on the pad:D?I'm building the "metre maid" version,hence it looking so familiar.
Have you tried a technical drawing supplier for the paper?Or make enquiries at an architect's office,they may be able to point you in the right direction.

06-05-2006, 05:47 PM
{also i like to work in the old imperial measurements}, yeah, the times they are a changin'. Metric system has no place in the modern world......of course; that's just my personal opinion. Transposing takes up too much valuable time....Sometimes I forget I'm retired so I have more time than money. Have a good day!

06-05-2006, 06:07 PM
That's known as "cross section grid paper". You should be able to find some in inch. Try an art supply store instead of an ordinary stationers.

06-05-2006, 06:36 PM
It's possible that you got that picture from Lee Valley Tools here in Canada. I use these pads all the time. There is a metric ruler on the right hand side for reference but the grid is 1/4" squares.

( http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=32543&cat=1,42936 )

So, if you come up empty in the UK then perhaps you can get a pack sent to you.



P.S. the postage is a little more reasonable here compared to the UK.

06-07-2006, 08:37 PM
thanks for the info, i have requested a book to be sent from canada, thanks for the link.


06-07-2006, 09:48 PM
I have a free program somewhere to print your own graph paper on your paper. Handy to have at midnight. Might still Google one up.