PDA

View Full Version : finally got my rotary table

Alistair Hosie
06-06-2006, 08:25 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7624810665&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

what do you think is this ok they go in chronos for £155 regards Alistair

japcas
06-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Looks good Alistair. I have the 8 inch version by Vertex and it works great. I was pretty impressed by the quality when I got it. Good luck with yours and have fun.

A.K. Boomer
06-06-2006, 09:00 AM
She looks like a beauty, I just got mine about two months ago and there is something you should be aware of, if you put in a bunch of rotary table time and are turning in one direction when you stop cranking the handle the entire table looks as though it takes off in the opposite direction, so much so that i swore it was for real and clamped down the table locks! Show your friends and have them do it and it'll help you break in the worm gear.... (its best to invite your simple friends over for this) ((wonder how many times iowolf has been invited to these kind of parties?)) have fun.

ammcoman2
06-06-2006, 09:26 AM
That is identical to the one I have. They are very well made.

When using it for the first time to cut some slots, I found the table was shaking. After a tune-up on the table to base adjustment screw and the worm and pinion clearance, it now works like a charm.

I recently found a set of dividing plates and a tailstock on sale at our local Busy Bee here in Canada (they are similar to Chronos). It was a different make (mainland Chinese) but was fairly well finished. Everything worked fine except for the hole spacing between the plates and the hub so I drilled three new holes in the hub and voila, I have a working unit. I had taken the hub to the store to verify the compatability.

Happy chipmaking with your new accessory.

Regards,

Geoff

MarkRover
06-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I was planning on bidding on that! but got pulled into a meeting. Glad it went to a good home...

Mark

John Stevenson
06-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Did you notice the collect bit Alistair.
That's weel doon sartf for you.

aboard_epsilon
06-06-2006, 10:30 AM
looks about 5 inches high Alistair .....

how much room will this leave ? .

all the best....mark

Alistair Hosie
06-06-2006, 11:18 AM
what about these these seem like a good buy they are £58.80 in chronos catalogue and this is chronos.Mark could you give me the address of the company you bought my three phase cable and plugs from and what's it called do yhey have a catalogue John the guy agreed to send it to me for £15 :DAlistair

aboard_epsilon
06-06-2006, 11:27 AM
GDR Electrical Supplies
Unit 3, Third Avenue
Zone 2 Deeside Industrial Park
Deeside
Flintshire
CH5 2LR
01244 289343
01244 289366
russell@warburton-fsbusiness.co.uk

Remember when ordering to give them the model numbers off the ones you got already .....or you may end up with the 'el cheapo ones.

they don't generally do mail order .......but i suppose they could be persuaded.

all the best....mark

Alistair Hosie
06-06-2006, 11:53 AM
thanks mark couldn't remember them Alistair