PDA

View Full Version : need help with motor wireing

lane
07-05-2006, 10:58 PM
I know some one in this fourm can help so lets all jump in. I have a single phase 2H.P. elect . motor capt. start . dual voltage 110- 220 I need to know what number wires to connect to gether to tie to the line wires the motor wires are numbered 1 3 2 4 5& 8 . I know 5 & 8 go to the centrifugal switch and are the reversing wires . Can a motor garue please help . I dont wont wont to have to tote this big old motor to my frindly local motor shop .

Wareagle
07-05-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm not sure which motor you have, or what voltage you are using, but check the two links below to see if either is a match. If not, get the motor nameplate information and google it. The manufacturer should have a schematic online to give you the diagram for your particular motor.

http://www.leeson.com:5000/drawings/frontpage/leeson/00506701.pdf

https://vip.baldor.com/VIP/baldorProductPDFServlet?connection=CD0001

Hope this helps! Let us know.

lane
07-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Sorry guys all the writing is scratched off the name plate all I can make out is stamped 2 h.p. 110 -220-240 v I wont to run it on 220 volt current.

Wareagle
07-05-2006, 11:58 PM
If the wires are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 8, then see the Baldor drawing. When you look at the shaft side of the motor, the standard rotation is clockwise.

For 220V wiring with standard rotation, connect wires 2,3, & 8 together. Connect wire 1 to one phase. Connect wires 4 & 5 together and connect them to the other phase. Be sure to ground the motor, and perform a "jog" with it to verify operation.

For 220V wiring with reverse rotation, connect wires 2,3, & 5 together. Connect wire 1 to one phase. Connect wires 4 & 8 together and connect them to the other phase. Again, be sure to ground the motor, and perform a "jog" with it to verify operation.

Also, your motor should pull 12 amps at full load. Your breaker size should be 30A (for inrush current), a time delay fuse should be 20A, and the smallest your wiring to the unit should be #14, though I'd recommend #12.

Good luck!