PDA

View Full Version : More funny stuff

IOWOLF
07-20-2006, 06:06 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250010023568&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

smagovic
07-20-2006, 07:27 AM
What really craks me up is when they say this needs a new electrical cord. Or when they say this is an antique jig saw, well we thing that's what it is. What some people try to sell, and what more, what some people buy. Thanks for cheering up. vic

Milacron of PM
07-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Die filer. Oliver made two other larger versions.

thistle
07-20-2006, 08:30 AM
WHAT FOR METAL?WOW IT MUST BE PRECISION THEN.that should send the price throught the roof , now if was only painted a nice colour...

CCWKen
07-20-2006, 02:31 PM
LOL... The seller also has a chain saw up for auction.

"I WAS TOLD IT WORKED AT ONE TIME AND POSSIBLY COULD AGAIN, HOWEVER..."

Man, I'm going to start putting that statement in my auctions. "I'm told this broken wrench was once in perfect working condition." :D

IOWOLF
07-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Die filer indeed, it may work again, with some work.

Alistair Hosie
07-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Your correct Wolfie it's pretty rough but you would be amazed at what projects some people are willing to undertake.I saw a programme on t v which showed a guy buying a delapidated old caravan sitting in a field . Anyway he and his friends bought it because it was an old model and they liked the style of it.However by the time they had finished it it was a complete rebuild nothing from the old van from what I could see was utilized other than for using the pieces as templates oh well wolfie you and I won't be bidding will we regards :DAlistair

IOWOLF
07-20-2006, 06:12 PM
NOPE,I have a die filer. ;)

Optics Curmudgeon
07-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Once, long ago in a shop far away (from where I am now, anyway) one of the guys thought he had come up with the ultimate timesaver - to use the die filer to shake a can of spray paint. To test his theory, he tied the can to the file with tow hose clamps, secure enough, he thought. I came through the door just as he hit the switch. Took maybe two seconds to file through the can and burst it. Fluorescent orange everywhere, you can still see traces of it if you know where to look.

Alistair Hosie
07-20-2006, 06:39 PM
I have put a spray can often in my woodworking lathe. Held it by the four bowl turning jaws which catch the end of the can beautifuly and spun it till it was very well mixed this does work Alistair

Evan
07-20-2006, 06:46 PM
This actually works.

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/shaker1.jpg

dicks42000
07-20-2006, 07:44 PM
OK Evan;
Clue me in....? So it works, but what does it do ? Is it some foundry accessory for jolting flasks, or some used bakery equipment for shaking muffins loose after baking ?
Rick

CCWKen
07-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Speaking of shakers. Has anyone tried the HF pneumatic paint can shaker?

Evan
07-20-2006, 08:27 PM
I don't know what it was used for originally but it is a Yankee Kahn Shaker and it runs that platform at about 2 orbits per second. It will shake a gallon of paint just fine. The dial can be set for up to ten minutes. My dad found it somewhere, probably a dumpster.

thistle
07-21-2006, 07:56 AM
-LETS SEE -machine with hockey puck shaped holes in Canada?
- it s obviously a hockey puck shaker.

Hexhead
07-21-2006, 02:08 PM
I saw something like that at a bottom of a lake. It had a broken attached to it. Pehaps it still has useful life in it.

Evan
07-21-2006, 02:22 PM
It had a broken attached to it.

That's a fairly generic term you used. Care to elucidate? :D

Alistair Hosie
07-21-2006, 02:49 PM
it wasn't a broken toe was it :DAlistair

BillH
07-21-2006, 02:58 PM
As I kayak at my parents house, the water is very clear and you see a lot of interesting stuff down there. A lot of old engine blocks used for bouy anchors. However there is one item I've seen a few times that im thinking about salvaging. It is a very old, large sprocket. Looks like it might of been used on an old something or another, you can tell it is old, the shape of the teeth, cast and all. Only in about 2ft of water. I also know where there is an old sunken chris craft. I bet theres something down there I could sell on ebay for 20$.

operose
07-21-2006, 10:31 PM
As I kayak at my parents house, the water is very clear and you see a lot of interesting stuff down there. A lot of old engine blocks used for bouy anchors. However there is one item I've seen a few times that im thinking about salvaging. It is a very old, large sprocket. Looks like it might of been used on an old something or another, you can tell it is old, the shape of the teeth, cast and all. Only in about 2ft of water. I also know where there is an old sunken chris craft. I bet theres something down there I could sell on ebay for 20$.

if there is "stuff" there is surely something you can sell on ebay for $20, as people will buy ANYTHING

dicks42000
07-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Consult Hoffman before going diving or restoring submerged equipment....

Millman
07-22-2006, 02:19 AM
IO, now why would you post the name of Adrian? Bet you didn't notice that!

IOWOLF
07-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Well Millman, Oliver Instruments(tools) were made in Adrian MI.

This I knew, because I have an Oliver drill grinder, and I had it before Scum Bag ever darkened my Path.:)