PDA

View Full Version : New project start

CCWKen
07-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Well, it's not a machining project but it sure is going to need a lot of machining to complete. First order of business will be to make a few rivet bucks and bushing tools. This is what I'm starting with--A frame of a 1925 Model T Touring car. The parts have been sitting in the barn for about five years. I'm finally dragging pieces out and starting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/CCWKen/Projects/Model%20T/2006_0724T-Start0002.jpg

Wareagle
07-25-2006, 12:01 AM
What is the target for the end product?

BTW, the frame looks to be in pretty good shape.

CCWKen
07-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Target date? Well, it's been sitting in pieces for long time. I know I'll have to get a few missing parts and fix others. When paying jobs come in, this will have to go to the back burner but I'm going to shoot for late October or November. Still plenty of time before the "cold" sets in. ;)

Yeah, the frame is in pretty good shape but it's coming apart to restore. There's a slight bend in the front. You can't see it unless you look down the length. There's a few deep pits up front too. Those will get weld-filled then ground down.

I had a pic of when I brought it home but can't find it. It was on the old computer so I'll have to dig up the film copy. (Pre-Digital) The picture is of all the parts spread out over the yard. :eek:

wierdscience
07-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Awh man,that's gonna hold up production on the Kenbotapillar:eek::D

Wareagle
07-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Awh man,that's gonna hold up production on the Kenbotapillar:eek::D
Maybe this is the start of the Kenbotapillar! :cool:

CCWKen
07-25-2006, 09:22 PM
LOL... As much as I'd like to run that little diesel in the T, it's going to be all stock. :)

If I hold my lips just right, here's what it's supposed to look like. All I gotta do is keep bolting parts to the frame until it does. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/CCWKen/Autos/T-Files/1925touring.jpg

Wareagle
07-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Ken, I really like those old Fords; stock, hot rodded, or whatever! Keep the progress pictures coming!