PDA

View Full Version : Used tooling places in Tulsa, OK??

pcarpenter
07-27-2006, 02:10 PM
I am in Tulsa right now and will be back through here the first of next week with a day to kill and was wondering if any of you knew of any used tooling places or someplace that an HSM would enjoy "shopping"?? You all know....the sort of place a guy might like to go while the wife is at the mall ;)

Am heading to Wichita today and hope to hit Boeing Surplus tomorrow (the only day they are open from what I understand).

I will likely be off-list for a while, but will check back if any of you are from the area and know where a guy would get his hands greasy picking through what most folks would call "junk".

thanks in advance!
Paul

applescotty
07-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Paul,
I don't have any recommendations of places to go in Tulsa, but I am interested to see what you find at Boeing. I've wondered if taking a day off and making the trip down there (6 hours or so round trip) would be worth it.
applescotty

jimmstruk
07-27-2006, 08:31 PM
My suggestion, while in the Wichita or any like area heavy in manufacturing is to hit a few pawn shops if time permits. Amazing the goodies that fit in lunch boxes, then end up in pawn stores. JIM

Wareagle
07-27-2006, 11:48 PM
I make it to Tulsa on a pretty regular basis. I have found lots of precision tools at the pawn shops there. The tools at the pawn shops vary like any other thing a pawn shop handles, and prices range from good deals to 'you'd pay less buying it new'.

You might ask around and see if there is a good spot to shop for machinery. My trips there are usually busy, with minimal amounts of spare time, so I haven't had the opportunity to make those stops.

Let us know if you find a good used machinery dealer there. Have fun!